Fab holiday abroad 17 weeks post op LTHR

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi everyone not been on here for a while which is always a good sign. Just wanted to share with you I have just returned from 8 nights in Spain and had a fantastic time.

I was able to walk about free from the nagging arthritis pain I actually got a blister on my foot i walked that much.

I totally forgot I'd even had my operation. I'm so grateful I've been given this opportunity of a new hip and despite my dark early days sleepless nights etc it has been pretty much a great recovery.

I returned to work at 7 weeks and did experience some pain in the early days but that has gone now.

I get occasional reminders of my operation and still struggle to fasten my shoes on my operated leg but life couldn't be better.

Wishing you all a great recovery and remember it will be worth every sleepless night pain and swelling in the end.

Thank you to everyone who helped me through my early weeks this is a fantastic forum so glad I found it.

Sue x

11 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Sue, lovely to read your update & glad you had a good holiday. How's the SW going? I put 9lb on but managed to shift 4 last week! I'm driving again now & getting out & about more, it's so nice to have your independence back x

• Posted

Good for you for shifting those 4 lbs, Fern.  Mine seem to keep piling on.  I hope that when I am able to get out and about more, I'll start eating less.  A lot is just out of boredom.  Plus too many people are bringing me cookies and other desserts which I usually never bake/buy.  Too tempting!  

I have a Physio appt next Friday and I hope I get the ok for driving.  Will be wonderful to have more independence!

Hugs,

Leslie

• Posted

Hi Fernlady the Slimming world groups are doing fine thanks. I managed to gain 4 1/2 pounds on my holiday but it was totally expected.I aim to lose this over the next 2 weeks. Always takes longer to shift than to put on. I gained 8 pounds after I had my operation but I have managed to get that off. It's kind of a way of life with occasional blips like holidays.

Well done for losing the weight and pleased to hear you are driving again. I really missed the driving.

It is great to be independent again I remember my early days I didn't think I could get through it I was very down and depressed but whey hey there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Take care

Sue x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.