Face And tongue numbness?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone

Has anyone experienced any numbness to the face and tongue and then struggled to string a sentence together and comes out like you've mumbo the whole thing?

It's a new one for me as it's seems I'm getting worse as the week's go on.

Does anyone have problems sleeping or sleep within an instance feeling so tired all the time I think people are assuming I'm lazy just don't have the energy some days .

Any information would be much appreciated many thanks Paul.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Paul, I had tingling in the tongue before my op. But for a week after it I could hardly talk and had to eat mushy food. They said it was the nerves, and it did come back. I had it mild before op. But there are lots of different syphtoms for cm.
    • Posted

Hi Helen

Thanks Helen can't wait for the OP just awaiting next appointment with the neurosurgeon soon I hope .

Struggled some days with slurred speech but like you said so many symptoms with CM makes me laugh when another crops up never sure weather it's related , just glad so many people have the answer's .

Thankyou for your reply it helps lots take care Paul.

• Posted

Have you a date for your op yet Paul.

Don't expect too much Paul after op, you may be great or may still have some symptoms as I have. As we always say it's not a cure it's to prevent symptoms getting worse. But i do hope it betters your life hun x

• Posted

Hi Helen sorry I'm having a bad day today so so tired and head is killing feel asleep.

No date for op yet I'm waiting for my appointment to come through from my neurologist to then go to the neurosurgeon, I keep chasing them hope tomorrow brings better news .

As you say the OP is never a cure I'm just hoping it will at least releave some of the symptoms so as I can get some normality back to life. I don't go out anymore as it's so hard for me to walk anywhere without falling over and looking drunk, and my shaking is getting worse .

Really do appreciate people like your good self talking and supporting many thanks Paul.

• Posted

Ah don't worry about not replying Paul, you are ready for your op, I was simular to yourself but don't think mine got as bad as yours is now. But chat anytime you feel like it hun, I'm older and life has slowed down for me anyway. But to cope with this when younger must be harder, but be positive as you can Paul. X
  • Posted

Classic symptoms. Feel like you've been to the dentist? So frustrating mine only lasted a short time each episode. As far as sleep goes another classic symptom, feeling tired all the time but no one understands. Just bare with it, one of the days some professional will come up with some form of relief . At the moment suffering tiredness and tinnitus, the one doesn't help the other. Keep going on is the motto.
    • Posted

Hi yeltzer

Hell yeh keep on going my Nick name represents that moto, it won't keep me down just a little slower lol.

I'm deaf in both ears and have bad tinnitus I originally thought it was down to my work related but now know it's the CM.

Does your tinnitus get worse at times mine becomes very loud every now and then?

Thanks for your input it all helps many thanks Paul

• Posted

Hi Paul? Have you ever had a sleep study? Many people with Chiari have sleep apnea and should ALWAYS be checked for it. Please do if you haven't yet.
  • Posted

Hi Paul, see good job you are on this group, they are good to support us, which part of the area are you, i am in the south of UK, and waiting for the NS  for the OP, can't wait, just like you..when I walk..i am unable to walk straight..like drunk person, i dont even drink, one day my friend and I walk to the beach..one of the children said to the mum when he seen walking..he said that I walk like a crab (LOL) sometimes...yes..I have numbness on my both fingers..legs..back..sometimes ..I stumble and nearly fall, imbalance..I used to feel tired all the time, since I take magnesium and grape seed extract and rubbing magnesium oil each night..my tiredness getting better..and I AM amble to walk each day even for 15 minutes just to get my blood circulation going..I also drink ginger/lemon with hot water mix with honey each day plus plenty of water..just to keep my blood flowing..it seems helping to reduce my headached slightly bit..but be positive Paul..at least you know what you ve got..just make sure keep expediting your appointment..the sooner the better..
    • Posted

Hi b2wc

Yes it's a great thing to be part of a supportive group who knows exactly what's the problem it keeps me positive if I'm honest.

I've been on to my neurologist this morning only getting through to the receptionist who was great , and the have finally he'd my MRI and EEG results through .

MRI showed 4mm tonsils and has picked up other implications which was in medical jargon that I didn't understand and the EEG came back with again some medical issues so I'm due in to see the neurologist Thursday this week fantastic.

They also said I need to see a cardiologist and have got to have 2 more tests not sure why but hopefully will no more on Thursday an answer at last I hope .

It's good to hear that you've found at least some restbite with the magnesium and grape oil .

It does make me wonder who is watching me walk as like you not sure about the crab but must look funny lol.

I have to walk with someone most of the time as it's to much I go really white and tired , I'm not able to get out of the house if I'm honest as I don't feel safe even at a snail's pace . Maybe I look like a snail lol.

I do drink a lot of water and peppermint tea and have done for years, I do find the Amitriptyline dries my mouth all the time and I know there are other meds available so may try others as these aren't touching the pain.

The face an tongue numbness is so odd just when you think nothing else can rise your speaking like a new born no disrespect to them .

Like you I'm a southerner but live in the middle lands now they don't AF talk funny up here lol got to have the banter!

Thankyou for your reply stay safe take care Paul.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.