Face to face rule?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all, im new here so firstly Hi to everyone.

i want to ask about ESA. my aunt is on it and i wanted to ask about the face to face rule. so before covid my understanding is that you could not be found fit to work without a face to face but due to covid face to faces are not happening and instead there doing phone consultations instead. i have read conflicting information on this. some websites claim they can't find you fit to work as its a law ( which i cant find anything on it being law i know its rule but nothing on it being law) or websites say you can be found fit to work. which is it?

if you can be found fit to work isn't that a little unfair as they are not seeing how people struggle or if they meet the support group criteria. and surely they have an even more chance to lie and say your fine and can work if there basing it off a phone call.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

HI,

Under normal circumstances you can't be found fit for work without a face to face. These are not normal times so i have no idea what the rules are. Is it law, no it isn't.

The good news is that more people are having decisions in their favour than ever before from the telephone assessments. I've yet to hear of anyone that's been found fit for work with a telephone assessment.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.