Facet joint arthritis

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi all. I have just been diagnosed with facet joint arthritis.

Does anyone else on this forum suffer with it?

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Edited

It is widely believed that curcumin, which is the active ingredient in turmeric, has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. And for this reason, it’s frequently used as a supplement by many people to help with joint symptoms.

Active Atoms is the supplement I have been using and it has been rewarding and life changing.

• Posted

Well, I'm a little older...65.....I was walking three years ago, at least a half mile 3 days a week...

I love being sedentary though...I stitch... hours sometimes....

But with the walks all of a sudden I started having muscle cramps...in my hips and legs....they were awful and painful....As I have MS, about 35 yrs now...I just thought it was another SYMPTOM...but because of MRI results the facet joint arthropathy was diagnosed.

So, my first inclination was to get me to PT so that I could maintain mobility....

Find a good PT....You will need to stretch and move daily to be at your best. My neuro was willing to offer me muscle relaxers....I won't go there YET......

I've been to 3 PT and a chiropractor....

Best PT did dry needling for pain relief! Its wonderful. and learning good exercises and stretches were critical.......Being still at night aggravates the muscle cramping....So, first thing in the morning stretches......Too much of anything, moving or sitting etc. aggravates....And as I have MS...just means I have to think about what I do daily......

Find a good PT....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.