facial drooping

Posted , 3 users are following.

I will keep this brief as i have already posted before about my full symptoms, but in a nut shel very ill for 3 months with extreme FLU like symptons, but muchworse, i felt like death.3 Months very slowly improving, but never fully recovered. Stupidly i then started some exercise and trying to live life again and boom massive relapse and currently another 4 months on i am finally starting to feel a little better again.

Buy my main question is, has anyone else had facial drooping? I didn't have this with my initial infection but when i had the relapse, apart from feeling like death, it was like the muscles in my face had given up, not in a bells palsy way (i.e. not just one side), but my face just wasnt tight anymore, my skin used to hug to my cheek bones (I am 29), and then it just suddenly stopped made my face more oval and longer looking, best way i can describe it is drooping.

It has been intermittent, but now i am feeling a bit better again it has mostly gone now.

Anybody else has this?

BTW I tested negative for Lyme once, when I was originally ill, the test was taken after about 4 weeks. Now I am having another ELISA test..

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like you're having a rough time.

I had Lyme Disease last year. I didn't have the facial palsy, but experienced a numbness around the abdomen and the skin felt very loose and sponge like. This went away after a week or so.

If you've been on a course of antibiotics recently, I believe a second ELISA test may show up as a negative, even if you have Lyme infection. It's a notoriously unreliable test anyway.

I hope you have a good doctor who is open to researching LD, as it seems many GPs have very limited, if any knowledge about it.

Hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

Hi Caroline, hoe did you get diagnosed, did you have a positive Elisa. İ have not had any antibiotics in the whole time I have been ill because I was originally told it müst be a virus and nearly a year later without any further diagnosis no help...
  • Posted

Hi, I had all of those symptoms including the facial drooping as part of my Lyme disease. I am also infected with Babesia and bartonella. All are infections I received most likely when bitten by a tick. (Don't recall a bite but 70% of patients don't recall a bite, they are sneaky biters). You'll probably need to go do some research because what doctors do not know about this disease or the testing is frightening. They tell people every day that they don't have Lyme, but they do.  Testing isn't accurate so if the doctor is not experienced they will believe the negative test result.  Good luck. 
    • Posted

Hi Rebecca,

How did you get diagnosed? did you get a positive ELISA blood test?

What treatment are you having?

Thanks,

Sam

• Posted

Tested by PCR and they found Borellia DNA in my blood and urine.  Treated in Germany and through my llmd at home. Germany have a better test than ELISA and BCA are experienced to clinically diagnose because no test is 100% accurate. They are prob the most experienced clinic in Europe and take many patients from england

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed product/company names as we do not allow repeated posting of these in the forums. If users wish to exchange these details please use the Private Message service.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.