Facial, ear and head pressure

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all.

So i've had a bad spell of illness recently over the christmas and new year period. On christmas eve I caught a flu virus that affected me for 4/5 days and had me bed ridden for 2 of them. I then had one day of feeling fine again to all of a sudden getting another illness.

I believe this is just a really bad cold but it has been affecting me for about 5 days now. It started off as a runny nose, constant coughing like every 20 seconds, terrible tension headaches and sneezing all the time, my eyes were watery and went puffy which made me think it could have been an allergic reaction as I had just started staying in a hotel so thought maybe it could be something in the hotel room.

I still feel the same now days later after leaving the hotel but am mainly concerned about this horrible pressure i have all on the left side of my face, mainly my cheekbone, left eye, head and horrible ear pressure.

The sneezing has calmed down alot but my cough and puffy eyes are still there alongside this pressure.

Could this be a sinus problem? Is it just a cold or do I need to see a doctor?

Thanks.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Now ever since i posted this my cough has decreased but my ribs hurt to breathe deeply and hurt when i cough. Is this just common pain after coughing alot for over a week? Or am i looking at something like pleurisy?
  • Posted

Hi JayDee,

I notice it's been a week since you posted so hopefully you are feeling a little better by now. It sounds like you've had a really bad cold/flu virus from the symptoms you describe. If you are well now that's great, if not then it wouldn't harm to get checked out by your doctor just to rule out any sinus/chest infection. Hopefully that won't be necessary.

Best wishes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.