Facial fuzz - to remove or not?

Posted , 5 users are following.

So one of the most obvious signs of being someone 'of a certain age' for me is the gradual (over the last 2 years or so) increase in the amount of facial hair I've developed 😔 Thankfully the majority of it is very blonde (apart from the random dark ones that appear from nowhere overnight and are suddenly 2 inches long!!!!). I've always had a very fine covering and have had to deal with the upper lip situation since being a teenager, but I now have a very obvious (to me anyway) thick covering of blonde hair in the beard area. Hubby says it isn't noticeable (but then he has been on the receiving end of more than one hormonal rage in recent years so you can't blame him for perhaps being wary of telling me like it is).

My questions to you lovely ladies are:

1. When does 'peach fuzz' become too much and needs to be dealt with?
  2. How do you deal with yours (if you need to)?

I've looked at the Flawless Finish type thing, the No No, the diy scalpel type razors, waxing, threading and dermaplaning. The first three I don't fancy the stubbly regrowth. Don't think I could handle the pain of a full face wax or threading (getting the top lip waxed in bad enough!!) and dermaplaning is just an expensive version of the first three.

So do I just accept it and count my blessings its blonde, or grit my teeth and find time to defuzz every few days to get rid of the stubble?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You totally just described me LOL! My upper lip and chin is still ok but the beard/sideburn area grew in so fast! I've always had that baby fine blonde peach fuzz but one day about a month ago I glimpsed it (I don't wear makeup so didn't notice it). I use the flawless beauty to get rid of it. It really does work and I do it about once a week.

Good luck with whatever you decide!

• Posted

I could probably manage once a week. Is it noticeable regrowth by then or just that you can feel it?

• Posted

It's not as noticeable as the long thicker stuff I shaved off to begin with. I can feel the stubble but it's not like leg stubble, it's much softer. Mine is very blonde so I have to tilt my head just right to see it in the light. My other half says he never noticed it in the first place, not sure how he could have missed it, I seriously could have braided it! It doesn't come in darker or thicker, for me anyway, with the flawless beauty. It's just annoying to even have to do it...

• Posted

Hmmm. Might just have to give it a try. Thanks.

• Posted

Yes I have the fuzz.. And every now and then I get 2 long dark ones that my son points out.. But I did buy something on the home shopping channel to buzz off the peach fuzz cuz if I look at myself in the mirror with the light shining in-- OMGosh. Just something else to keep up with.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.