Facial hair...

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi ladies...Ive got alot of hair on my face and it seems like its getting worse...Thank god im blonde but was wondering what any of you have used to either trim it or get rid of it.Any ideas would be great....Thank you and hope all of you are well..

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi I use a epilator for my chin and around my lips,they're very coarse too and I get a couple on my neck.ive also got long hairs around my nipples too but won't use the epilator there !! Do you have this too is it normal ? Michelle x
    • Posted

Hi Michellestar...Yes i get long hair around nipples and my husband just pulls them ..I will have to look into the epilator...Thank you for your reply...
  • Posted

This was one of the symptoms that led my gyn to diagnose my ovarian mass... she thought at first that I might have PCOS, even though I'm almost 45 and have never had most of the symptoms listed for it.  As far as whether or not it's normal, I guess it depends on what else is happening with your health.
  • Posted

Hi Laurie,

I had to deal with some this morning as I could feel one there about an inch long and I'm dark.

My mum had the same problem so I'm not stressing too much but know what not to do.

She tried electrolysis but because she had always plucked the roots were too distorted for it to be effective.

They told her to cut them close with scissors so I do that, then in the future electrolysis should work OK.

I've had one I do pluck but it's been there years now and it's really thick but the ones I found were finer this morning and thankfully light brown and fine in comparison to the black one I've had ages.

• Posted

I have a mustache and serious chin hair. It's so course and resistant. No matter how much I shave it, it seems like the stubble comes right back the next day. It's nerve wrecking. I just shave mines with Bic razors. But not seeming to help too much. The increase in facial hair is normal for peri.
  • Posted

Yes I had this problem bought a remington I light IPL face and body I have used it around 6 weeks now hardly have to do it they are a lot better than plucking or waxing
  • Posted

Hi, the last 3 months I have enough hair around my jawline to join the circus as the bearded lady!!  Coarse and black and some on my upper lip too.  I get mine waxed every 4-5 weeks.  My hairdresser/beautician friend told me this is a definate sign of menopause, she comes across it all the time.  Hair on nipples is also normal as well as occassional hair on back!!  Such a joy to be a woman!!
  • Posted

Hi Laurie! I think this is pretty common occurrence. I have been dealing with it for awhile now. I have been using KAI facial beauty razors and you can get them at Sally Beauty Supply and a lot of places. You can use them for trimming eyebrows and such. It's a small blade on a stick, it's impossible to cut yourself with it. I use it all over my face for all the fuzz and it's not like a traditional razor. Cleans up all the little hairs and won't create any stubble. Also it's great for exfoliating your face while you are at it. Check them out

they really work, inexpensive too. I love them!! There was a girl on The Bachelor that says she shaves her face and isn't afraid to talk about it and that's what she uses. We ladies need to stick together :D

• Posted

Thank you Lisa...I will definitely look into that..Hope you have a great day...
  • Posted

Yes I get more darker hairs here and there under my chin or neck. Some above my upper lip. Lighter hairs around my chin line. I do use a trimmer for those, and tweezers for ones that pop up on my neck occasionally. Hate it. Feel like I'm turning into a man some days.
    • Posted

I always had a moustache that an adolescent boy would be proud of, these days the hair blends in with my wrinkles. At the outer edges they have got much longer though.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.