FACIAL MIGRAINES?????

Posted , 2 users are following.

For about 7 months now I have been getting weird sensations in my face. Out of no where one side of my face will get a very warm feeling, and then a bunch of other symptoms will follow. I will get an inflamed feeling on my cheek and a pulling feeling on the bottom of the affected sides eye. The corner of my lips will also have a tingly sensation, as well as my tongue. The weird thing is that this happens to only half of my face at a time - for example half of my tongue will have a weird tongly sensation SO WEIRD and very uncomfortable. I do see spots sometimes and get random pains in my head. When these "spells" begin to happen i have a brief moment (about a minute) of confusion as all the symptoms settle in. This can last from 10 mins to an hour.

Some background info - 28 yr old female in fairly good health .. cholesterol is a little high but thats it. Ive had massive amounts of bloodwork done to try and figure out whats happening and everything came back fine. I have also gotten and MRI of my brain, and an EEG and everything was normal.

Neuro thinks facial migraines .. but who knows. Thoughts?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Apparently there is no such thing as a facial migraine according to the headache institute but if neurologists are using the term then perhaps it something they are now recognising. I have checked myself as I could have nearly written this post. I will be following with interest to see what answer you get. 
    • Posted

you have similar symptoms? have you ever gotten a diagnosis? also, i am not sure if i believe in facial migraines myself lol but i am so desperate to put a label on my symptoms and figure out something to relieve them

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.