Facial numbness/tingling/tightness - Anxiety? Migraines?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello, a bit of background - I suffer with anxiety/healthy anixety and panic attacks. It manifests in many ways and random times and I can cope with the usual symptoms.

I also suffer with migraines. I have migraine auras - vision blurs/flashing zig zags etc followed by chronic headaches. I have a headache everyday of my life, I've had every scan and test and nothing serious has come of it, just suffer with it. Was only with my doctor/hospital two days ago having further investigations that showed up clear.

However, today walking around the shop with my partner, no stress or anixety that I was aware of, I was quite content. But suddenly a weird tingiling/tight sensation starts on my cheekbone and into my hair line. It isn't serve and barley noticeable but because I worry about my health, I'm a little bit more attune and notice any minor changes in my body and fixate on them. The best way I can describe the sensation is when you've been in the cold for too long and your face tightens and stings when back in the warmth.

I've recently been to the emergency eye clinic and had my eyesight and brain examined and both are in perfect health.

Was wondering if anyone else experiences this and could confirm its anixety related? Or migraine?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I've had that! Worry not.  I used to suffer appalling migraines and still have anxiety disorder. I don't know which triggers this symptom. I only know that when it happens now I try to ignore it and it soon goes away. I do know that with anxiety disroder it appears to be an endless battle...you rid yourself of one symptom and another rears it's ugly head. I have learned not to add panic by thinking there is something frightening wrong with me, ie, brain tumors and so on and so forth. Try to "accept" a symptom and let it run its course. The longer you dwell on it the longer it lasts!

• Posted

I get all that with my anxiety,like you all my tests have come back clear so there is no serious problem there.them symtoms are common anxiety ones that's all it is,try and relax honestly there is nothing wrong with you.

• Posted

Yup I have all of those, its horrible. I think when your anxious you are more prone to headaches and migraines, I seem to have either a headache or migraine nearly every other day. Those crawling, tingly feelings could be due to either migraine or anxiety. That's what makes this difficult as we over think all these feelings/sensations and it makes anxiety worse. I know that's what I do. So don't worry it's normal.

• Posted

I never had this but i to suffer from anxieties, health anxieties and panic attacks and yes it is scary. 

I myself worry about my health a lot when i am not feeling good 

I get tingling in my hands due to carpal tunnel and sometimes it can be sever to where i have to wear the braces on both hands. Then i get feet pain and tingling in my left foot 

Yes it is scary about whats going on. 

My boyfriend tells me not to worry because it can make you sicker and he is right about that. 

Try not to worry you will be fine 

Elizabeth

• Posted

When i gdt the face/numbness tingling is terrifying also get tingky left hand and both feet,4 docs have assured me its anxiety not ms but still its made me have panic attacks/meltdowns and lots of them,iv felt better lately but iv been having a bad couple of day so im back to being convinced i have ms and over panickining about every little numb tingly feeling x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.