Facial pain??

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been going on over year now! I have pain from my face and the doctor's are saying atypical facial pain...I am grouchy and irratable, because the pain is in my jaw , mouth ,neck and it is only on my left side, but i have constant pain, I can't open my mouth ,it hurt's so bad...Anyone else having this issue, No body understand's...Sick of this pain....thank you Vanessa228

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

  • Posted

    Poor you!  Sounds dreadful.   It certainly needs investigation after so long.  Are you in UK?  If so you should return to GP and get referred.

    I think one of the problems [and it sounds like a "nerve" pain] is that conventional painkillers do not really touch it.

    Best wishes and sympathy

    • Posted

      simonthethird, Thank you for your reply,Well my family doctor just call's  atypical facial pain and I can not get anyone to really understand just how this pain has affected my life, seem's like i am just silent to everyone...Thank you and what is UK and GP? sorry new to this place.. confused
    • Posted

      Hi again vanessa.  Sorry to hear that.  UK is United Kingdom. This is a UK website where we have socialised medicine [i e you do not have to pay directly just through taxes] and much of the advice that we can give is really only relevant in this country. A GP is a "general practicioner" that is our family [local] doctor who would almost certainly refer you on to a hospital specialist or pain clinic.

      Where are you then?

    • Posted

      Hey thank you for getting back to me so quickly...I am from the United States and sorry sound pretty silly to the question's...Well I am on here to find out if anyone else in this world has or is experencing this problem ? Thank you for being so helpful....
    • Posted

      Hi; you don't sound silly at all ...

      There is a condition called "trigeminal neuralgia" and while it often comes and goes [and it's probably not what you have] there is a website which might give you some clues if you Google it.  Basically I feel your Doctor's description merely means that it's a pain in the face that s/he does not know what causes it [or - basically - what to do.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.