Facial pain with feeling hot with body heightened sensation

Posted , 2 users are following.

About 4 weeks ago started getting some facial pain accompanied with like migraine type headaches. The facial pain suddenly came on one side the right just below my sinus and then works it way up front of ear to scalp and sometimes behind the eyes, a very burning feeling, not stabbing or electric shock type pain, just burning, sometimes up both sides, but mostly just the right side.

The headaches have subsided, but what has replaced it, seems like I am feeling hot all of the time and my skin on my body feels much tender to feel and touch like prickly sensation when fresh air and someone touches me. I have taken my temperature and that is normal, though BP is 131/81 when tested it.

I don’t feel ill as such, just the burning is becoming a bit tiresome and painful. It difficult to say what actually brings on these facial burning sensations, as seems fairly random. I have had days without having them, then next day can be most of my day, difficult to say if Nurofen is actually working preventing the pain.

I have been exploring and thinking maybe it’s trigeminal neuralgia type 2, but I do get remission periods and heard that type 2 is fairly constant not randomly?

I have a GP appointment booked for this Sunday, diabetes has run in my family though only slightly overweight BMI 28.5. just wondering when going to the GP should I insist on any certain blood tests etc?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

i get this. iv had it on and off for 2 years. it flares up, goes, comes back doctors say its trigerinal neurolgia

• Posted

Hi Louise

Many thanks for the reply.

GP did usual tests looked in eyes ears mouth etc, tested BP and my temperature all fine. Though discounted trigerinal neurolgia.

Tho advised to have a blood test for a few things, mainly blood count, hemoglobin, thyroid, B12, cholesterol, liver, they all came back normal.

However, last few nights just haven't been able to sleep well at all having trouble trying to cool. It's strange it's like the side I sleep next to the mattress getting very hot, but the side which isn't is cold so having trouble getting comfortable, so giving me disturbance.

I will have to go back to the GP for further tests, though if this is nervous system related I suppose a long road to diagnosis what it actually is the problem.

Could high anxiety cause this?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.