Facial pressure / numbness

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello folks 

I’m looking to see if anybody can help me. I keep getting intermittent facial pressure. Directly below my eyes at the cheek bones. It feels like it’s numb but it’s not as I can touch it and feel myself touch it. When it’s reslly bad it affects my eyes as well, makes them tired and heavy. It’s mainly worse at night time when I am lying down and sometimes it goes away for weeks at a time but for example the past few days it’s persisted all day. GP thinks it could be chronic sinusitis. I’ve tried steam. I’ve tried two different types of nasal steroids. I’ve tried regular neti pot saline rinses. Nothing helps. The only thing that does help is wearing a snoring strip.  I put one of those on and it relieves the pressure more or less straight away. Has anybody any ideas what it could be and what I can do to fix it? 

Thanks

Chris 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Sudafed!

Sorry, If you are a person who is sensitive, even things like slight changes in the weather, wind, travel, allergies, or even walking in and out of air conditioning can be triggers. Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.