Facial rashes

Posted , 3 users are following.

I got diagnosed with lupus last year, I'm 17 and I suffer really badly with facial rashes and facial swelling when I wake up. I'm on medication but I was wondering if people had the same and what they do to reduce or help the rash go down? Thank you x

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi. Poor you. It is a miserable disease isn't it. I don't have Lupus but Behcet's which is similar. But I do get a bit of a butterfly rash. Keeping cool as possible is good and staying out of sun or using high factor block ( won't have to worry about that this time of year if you are in the uk).

I suspect your rash may be worse than what I experience. Others on here may be able to give you more useful information. Also I would suggest checking out a support group on facebook. We have 2 or 3 on there which are great and also private. People discuss symptoms and give great tips on dealing

With symptoms. Vasculitis UK have a wonderful group on there for people with all forms of vasculitis. X

• Posted

Thank you for the reply!! Thank you for your advice too and I will definitely look into the groups on facebook! Stay well x
  • Posted

Hi Natasha

Sorry for your lupus...

Be very kind to your skin...no more soap because soap dries your delicate skin.

ALWAYS use SPF50 and wear a hat. Sun exposure will make matters worse.

I use the Philosophy brand to cleanse my face...no rubbing...just allow your face to gently dry with a pat of the towel.

To cover the breakouts I like It Cosmetics...especially their CC Cream. It covers without cracking! You apply it as though you were putting on lotion...more than normal makeup snd just massage it in. It takes 20 seconds to dry. My awful bare skin appears beautiful. It took me many years of trying products to find this answer.

They also sell Bye Bye Undereye...which is great if you have a really bad area...a wee bit goes a very long way...just dot it on and keep dotting.

The swelling...take a large cucumber and slice it lengthwise. Refrigerate the slices first. Then lay down and place the slices over the swelling. Give it ten minutes. Then cleanse your face with cool water.

Your skin is tender because of the lupus so no more hot or even too warm water because you need your skin oils to remain on your skin.

I was 11 when I became ill. Today we have so many medications available. Rest (not to be confused with sleep) is very important, especially when you are in flare.

Rest means you relax today so that you can do for many more years.

kind regards

judith

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.