facial simulator

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had a failed op for my HMS in 2013, Since then it has got progressively worse. I have been offered another op but don't want to go through that again.

I was referred to a neurologist who I saw today, he has offered Botox treatment. I did have botox before my op but it didn't work. The neurologist said that botox treatment had improved in the last 5yrs, and so I have agreed to try it again.

One of the side effects of my op has been the muscles in my right cheek collapsing, leaving a sizeable indent, the n/ist did comment on it but didn't offer any advice.

After my consultation I was chatting to someone who worked in the beauty industry & she said that when she worked in a particular section of the industry people were offered a " facial simulator " to get the muscles working again.

Does anyone know anything about this treatment , if so do you think it might help me.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

i am not been aware of facial stimulator

worth a try

after 10 years i started botox 3 months ago . it has helped probably should have done it a few years ago . NOT PERFECT BUT IT HAS EASED THE SYMPTOMS . i will do it again later this week

• Posted

Hi Jean, so sorry your surgery was unsuccessful and you are left with this facial weakness. My guess is that it's a facial stimulator that was suggested. I don't know much about them but it's possible they are used after people have had a stroke??? If you do ever consider a second surgery then I can recommend my surgeon, Nik Patel, in Bristol UK. He seems to have had a lot of success with both first and second surgeries. Wishing you some relief. Roseann

• Posted

Hi, thank's for your replies. While researching facial stimulators I discovered that not only have my facial muscles collapsed leaving a pronounced indent in my cheek, but it would seem that my nasal valve has also collapsed - I have been having treatment for chronic rhinitis which is only on one side ( a steroid nasal spray & 120mg anti hist daily with no effect ) Oral competance is also a problem as I often start lisping.

When I go back to my G P i'm going to request a referral Facial Rehabilitation treatment.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.