Facial Tension, Ear fullness, Headaches!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone.

So in early January, I along with my roommates got flu-like symptoms. Towards the tail end of having it, I developed slight vertigo. It scared me so much.

Over the course of the next few days, it would come and go. Eventually it stopped.

Fast forward to the first week of February. Vertigo comes back harder. And its accompanied by ear fullness and facial tightness (almost like my face is being stretched back with a sunburn).

Then the following week, I get a heavy swollen sensation. It makes me dizzy (lightheaded). I think Im going to pass out.

I go to urgent care and doctor diagnoses me with a Migraine...a migraine. This did not feel like one, at all.

I dont believe it so I go to my physician the following day. He takes me blood, runs a basic neuro test on me (follow finger to finger, eyes to finger etc) and concludes ear infection. Blood test eventually comes back as clean and normal except for a little low Vitamin D. He prescribes me ear drops, Meclizine for nausea and Ibropufen.

He basically told me I have to ride this out.

Now its been 3 weeks since that doctors visit. I still have facial tightness especially in the morning? I still have slight ear fullness/popping. Not as much vertigo from the eyes. But I still have the tight heavy sensation in my head. It makes me lightheaded. Sometimes it moves around!

Also, I developed new symptom in the last two weeks...mid back pain in the morning, heart palpitations and hearing my heart beat especially when Im tired or after eating...cold burning throbbing hands and feet.

Is this still from an ear infection? Is it anxiety?

I never felt like I had anxiety growing up so I have nothing to compare it to...

All these things have got me easily fatigued. Like I get beyond tired over nothing. It feels like Im drunk. Before bed, I can pass out so easily. This never used to happen to me.

On a side note, I went to the gym regularly before this illness began. 4 out of 7 days a week.

29 yr old

male

5'7 inches

173 lbs

Any advice would be amazing

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Can relate have had same symptoms for the past four weeks. Previously had them in October. So far March has been worst month. My sister's boss had this think it has been passed on to me as my sister also experienced ear pain but not as bad as I have had it. Hope this helps think it must be some virus going around.

• Posted

a lot better but it was an awful eight weeks. I have hayfever now which is not pleasant. Hope your symptoms have improved.

• Posted

hey elise did you have a covid test and how are you these days ?

• Posted

No covid test, feeling better, decided to avoid dairy products, just have to be careful with what I eat.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.