Facial tingling

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello all 

Any help appreciated. 

For the last while I’ve been getting like a weird tingling on my cheeks on my face. Directly below my eyes. It’s not numb as I can feel myself touching it but it seems to be getting worse. Dr thought I had sinusitis even though no stuffiness or nasal discharge. So she put me on a nasal steroid.  No difference. Had been getting random electric shock pain in my upper jaw / teeth so Dentist and gp said it could be trigeminal neuralgia

It went away for ages but now it seems to be back with a vengeance. Numbness starts at my cheeks below my eyes but has been spreading to jawline and forehead and eyes. I’ve been paying attention to it though and it seems to vanish when I stand up so it is only when I am lying down in bed so starting to think it’s something to do with my neck? When I get it as bad as it is now there is like a weird nervy type stuff going on in my shoulders as well. 

Has anybody else had this? And knows how to get it to go away? 

Many thanks 

Chris

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

First of all. I m not a doctor

The things you are going through is a result of two things

: bulging discs

:pinched nerve

In either cases, you experience wat u said.

Reasons for this maybe poor posture, sitting in one place for too long, and inncident where u hurt you back or any joints. laziness, etc.

Do neck stretches, lowerback stretches, core excercises. Best excercise is swimming as it involves all your joints and ligaments working nicely together. Drink warm water with a table spoon of honey and sprinkle some black seeds. Drink this medicine first thing in the morning and before going to bed. Best thing about the above medicine is its a cure to all the diseases and medical conditions.😊except death.

Do this and the pain will go away.

Uf you feel any change please do let me know.

Basically the cure is changing your daily routine to a healthier lifestyle.

• Posted

Hello and thank you for your reply. I didn’t even know you had reply as helpfully the email notification went straight into my junk inbox. 

What kind of black seeds do you mean? And would you still think it was discs or a pinched nerve if I can elaborate more. The weird stuff has gotten persistently worse where it comes and goes but in different spots now. The cheek issues has more or less cleared up. Now it’s mainly in my jaw line where it feels like it’s cramping. Right now as I’m lying in bed, I have the weird feeling in my right tricep area, my left calf and right hip. But it can and does fluctuate. And seemingly can ease off a bit if I take ibrufen which I tried earlier on. 

And funnily enough that you mention back injury as I did do ‘minor’ damage to my L4 and L5 discs a couple of years ago that can flare up and cause pain. I did extensive physio therapy which didn’t ease the pain so was referred to get pain killing injections into my spine. 

Thanks for your help

Chris 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.