Facial tingling/tightness with lip and tongue sensations.

Posted , 4 users are following.

So I have all the symptoms listed in the “title” all on my right side.  I ve had 6wks of headache on left side and saw a cranial osteopath who worked gently on my neck and shoulders and said they were totally jammed    This has helped but now seems to have not progressed any further. I went to see my neighbor who is a very good physio last night and she said my C2 is slightly further forward than the rest and she did some massage. Again very gentle.  But today I have lots of facial tingling etc.  Can you have TMJ problems without pain as such.  Just weird sensations? 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like you could have a bulging disc in your neck. Google it. It would not probably show up on an xray,would need an MRI.
  • Posted

If you think that you could possibly have TN get an appointment as soon as you can to see a Neurologyst as the sooner you start treatment the better. Also contact TN association UK. 
  • Posted

I would get your neck checked out. I went to a dentist in sept. 2015 and then started with tooth pain after a crown and then it went into my jaw. The dentist said he'd never seen it before saw several people in the dental field. Got a root canal thinking that was the cause even though the X-ray showed partial root gone only. 3 days After root canal my neck went out and then my shoulder. What happened for over a year and a half while I saw dental professionals, neurologists, neurosurgeons, orthopedic surgeons, physical therapists, NUCCA doc, osteopathic doc. I was unable to eat without pain lost lots of weight and I was thin to begin with. This past summer of 2017 my jaw pain subsided and my mouth pain went away where I could eat and drink without it setting what I thought was my trigeminal that got damaged in the dental procedure. It went away but my shoulder neck pain stayed. My pain for 2 years was daily at all levels and hard to live with. This past spring I finally saw a orthopedic surgeon who did a more significant MRI and I had degenerative disc disease and compression which was set off from my position in the dental chair during the root canal but had been deteriorating for years. I had put all my focus on the trigeminal nerve as I was unable to eat hard to talk ect. I had cervical spine surgery 7 weeks ago and my neck pain is gone but I have muscle pain which when I turn my head I get the burning back in my tongue tingling in my face lips and up my head. All my muscles haven't been used correctly for 2 years so now that everything is being used in therapy and outside of therapy its activating my burning again but it has everything to do with my shoulder and neck muscles. The reason I'm explaining all of this to you is because your symptoms in your face sound like mine and it wasn't my trigeminal nerve causing it it was my neck.Hope this gives you some insight to investigate a really good doctor and get your neck checked out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.