Facial wart

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi guys,

I have had a wart or similar (I’m not sure what it is) between my eyebrows. It is skin colour and sometimes gets mistaken as a pimple.

It has been there for about a year maybe year and a half and has really drained my confidence & I’m still young.

attached are a few photos with different lighting.

Judging from this what are my options or remedies for removal?

many thanks in advance 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

The pics are very small and not easy to see, but do you have the habit of rubbing the skin between the eyebrows?  Constant rubbing of a patch of skin can cause a bump to form . The best way for this sort of bump to be removed is by a shave excision done under a local anaesthetic. This doesnt leave a scar. You would probably need a plastic surgeon for this procedure. If you are in UK you would have to pay for this procedure.

Do you suffer with acne on your face? I feel sure you would know if this was a blocked sebaceous gland as there would be a "head" to it  either black or white.  

I dont think its a wart.  

As people age they often develop bumps and moles in all sorts of places and most people are not too bothered about them. Look at your parents faces....do they have any bumps on their faces like yours?

• Posted

Hi Marina,

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

I only now have a tendency to touch it as it can feel tingely now and then?

Come to think of it I remember having a hormonal pimple in this area which scabbed over and nothing ever came out but can’t be sure.

If it is this what would be the best action to take?

Many thanks!

• Posted

If it is a blocked sebaceous gland then it will continue to get bigger,but as you are not sure what it is I would leave it alone and wait to see what happens.  Dont touch or fiddle with it. If it starts to grow or becomes very itchy or tingly then see your doctor. If you are a sun worshipper make sure you apply a high SPF .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.