Facial weight loss

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I've lost over stone and a half since Xmas it happened in a month and my face has sunk in like my cheek bones are really visible I feel ill all the time I have gd appetite any input would be appreciated

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Schweetheart, what the hell are you wasting time on here for - get yourself down to your doctor NOW.  It may just be one of those totally unexplainable life glitches, in which congratulations, but that "feel ill all the time" bit concerns me, get it checked out, and I really hope you are feeling better already.  Bonne chance, let us know how you get on...

• Posted

Hi my partner has the same going though test after test. He lost stone and a half in 1 month eating normally. Did you get ananswer? Making him eat about 3000 or more  calories just to keep him going at the moment. Need help doctors dont seen to bothered at the minute.
    • Posted

I'm afraid I really can't help here, I've had x-rays, MRIs, colonoscopies, gastroscopies. blood tests, urine tests, dieticians, nutritionists,  you name it... and they haven't a clue what caused my 50 kg loss in 16 months.  I really don't mind, I needed to lose the weight, I'm still a lttle overweight, but feeling so much better without the weight. I haven't changed my diet at all (still pretty crap) and certainly don't exercise any more than I ever have. The only thing that has changed is stopping methotrexate for rheumatoid arthritis, and commencing with leflunomide - the weight loss co-relates exactly.  Who knows???

• Posted

Hi, its been ten days since i put my partner on a high calorie diet (Peanut butter etc, eggs, bacon etc), we also went to the hospital  the doc thought he may have a stomach virus or diverticulitis, so gave him antibiotics (metronidazole). Can not beleive it he has in 10 DAYS PUT ON A STONE AND A HALF ! every day he is gaining more he looks better and feels better, still early days and still waiting on tests. Hope this help someone out there 
    • Posted

Wow, that's good to hear - keep up the good work.  Likely just a life glitch, hope he feels better, and keeps well.

• Posted

I myself have lost 7 pounds in one week.  I always weighted 123 pounds for years, and I am now 116  pounds.  I am 5'6 and I look awful, I also have the same sucken in face look.  I am drinking protein drinks and ensure drinks, but am still lossing weight.  I have not changed my diet nor excersice.  I have never felt good for 4 years now, and even get low grade fevers of around 100.5 for a week or two every couple of months.  Blood work for complete blood count looks good, except every now and then my WBC dips low, but always comes back up.  Not sure what wrong and I am starting to worry.  Have you ever found out the cause of your weight loss?

• Posted

Dear friend, 

This sounds like me, 12 years ago. I thought I was dying. After so many Dr's I found out I had hypothyroidism. But your 7lb weight loss in a week is alarming. I have been 5'8 and 108lbs for years. But in my 20's I was always 130lbs. I never have an appetite. But I do have to force myself to eat more calories so not to lose weight. I do want to mention that my Dr. Had to increase my synthroid. I started at the lowest dose possible but now it's .75mcg. I do not like taking medication, I tried getting off this and felt great. BUT six-eight months later felt bad all over. I'm not sure what would happen with you bc I think you are younger than Me. I am 52.

i hope your Dr will check your T3,T4, Thyroxine,well just have them do a thorough panel on your blood. I hope you feel better soon. I do know how awful it can make you feel. Also, get outside and walk, you will feel better, force yourself everyday to go on walks, as far as you can go. 

I also have Hoshimoti's disease.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.