Facing hyperthyroidism symptoms but tests are normal. What should i do

Posted , 5 users are following.

My Age is 23. I have sweaty hands and feet problem since i was 10 years old .and it is worse now like dripping sweat from hands. 2 years earlier i started to facing heart palpitations and my hair also falling. My hairline is receding from front. I have vocal tremors talking to a stranger or group of peoples. Also Facing hand tremors. My Tsh and t3 t4 are normals also thyroid scan is normal.. Doc prescribed me some anti anxiety and proparnolol. And multivitamins for hair fall.. I'm not satisfied by this.. What should i do.

Plz help. Hair fall is also not stoping

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Zain,

Sorry to hear about your hyper symptoms. Do you consider diet changing or try to find out dietary effect? 

• Posted

How many times have your hormone levels been tested? Unless you're hyperthyroid ALL THE TIME, one test cannot be conclusive. You should get tested more often. Have your thyroid imaging tests come back normal?

Other than that have any of your doctor mentioned a hypersensitivity to thyroid hormone? It's rare but not unheard of. Anyway proparnolol is prescribed for hyperthyroidism and thyroid storms since it interfears with conversion from T4 to more potent T3.

Hair loss if directly linked to thyroid dysfunction will not be resolved before the underlying issue is treated. Supplements can help but it takes time. I take from time to time silica, keratin and collagen supplements. I haven't noticed any improvement when taking "ordinary" supplements you can buy everywhere based on vitamin b complex. 

I also noticed improvement when I upped  my protein intake. I used to be vegan for years and year and as much as I like it, when I do eat meat (ideally organic) from time to time my hair and nails are stronger. 

Have you seen a shrink, somebody who could help you deal with anxiety? (cognitive behavioral? mindfulness based approach)

I really feel for you. The only other thing I could suggest to Mikes 6138's idea to change your diet, is meditation and yoga.

Be kind to yourself and give yourself time.

• Posted

p.s. you should also try scalp massages. 
  • Posted

I’m sorry Zain that your suffering

These symptoms ... and they certainly appear to be HYPERthyroid symptoms .

I have Graves Disease  which is HYPERthyroidism with Antibodies ... ie it’s an Autoimmune Disease.

You reminded me , with the sweaty hands  of ... ME    when I was young ..

I always had to use a blotting paper under my hand , writing in school.

some say we are pre- disposed to have this condition ..

and I know it certainly runs in families , as virtually all the females in my family have it in one form or other.

FIRSTLY ...In order the identify your condition it is important to have your bloods done again ... and this  time it would  be a good idea to ask for vitamin and minerals to be tested too..

but it is important to ask to be tested for  Antibodies  to specifically  treat your condition.

If you’re found to have Antibodies .....that would indicate Graves Disease then 

Treatment involves taking a drug called in UK  .. Carbimazole 

In US ..  Methimazole

This lowers the Thyroid Hormone in the body 

So that we can begin to help you ... you must let us see your blood results 

Type them out , including the numbers within the ( brackets )   As those are your Lab Ranges

And vary from Lab to Lab  .. so if we  could see those , that gives a clearer picture of your condition

And we can advise then on the next step of treatment and what to take to heal you 

There are various things that in HYPER state ,we are lacking in , as we are going at a hundred miles an hour ...

Some of them being ..

B12

B1

B6

Magnesium ( most important )

Selenium

D3   .........    Plus.......  K2Mk7 

Zinc

By taking these and a few more

I have stayed  in remission for around 3 years now and feel very good indeed 

And

you too ,  will feel good again  

...... once you start to be treated 

So , take strength  .....research as much as you can about The Thyroid Gland  🦋 and come back with your new results

( including )  the antibody results 

And we’ll take it from there .

Best of luck

Mx🌹

• Posted

Oh  ... forgot to mention ...

...when you have your bloods  retested Zain .. make sure that they give you a printed copy of them ..

They belong to you and they are obliged to give them to you .

Only then can you see the actual numbers .....and won’t be fobbed off by a receptionist telling you you are “ normal “

That’s what they told me .. at diagnosis ....until I made sure I got a printed copy and ...

surprise !

along the top line it said ..

*   ABNORMAL  *  

Mx🌹

• Posted

Hi zaink01873, it has already been mentioned above, it would be good to get a printout of your blood tests. Firstly, for your records but also to see if your thyroid hormone levels are at the low, middle, or high end of the normal spectrum. 

Nevertheless, since your thyroid levels and thyroid scan came back normal it makes sense to look for other disorders that cause the symptoms you are describing. 

You could search on the internet for pheochromocytoma and paraganglioma. See if the symptoms match and if your doctor might direct her/his investigation in this direction, e.g. measuring your Cortisol level after a dexamethasone suppression test. Note that test results might be influenced by the medications you are currently taking like beta-blockers (like Propranolol) and anti-anxiety medication. 

Symptomatically, it might help to have regular iontophoresis treatments. These would definitely inhibit excessive sweating of your palms and feet (which I can imagine is a big problem you have to face daily). 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.