Failed e s a

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've received dreaded letter stating no points scored and money stopped I'm a 62 yr old lady with physical and mental illness going back 40 years plus , I have OCD and adult separation anxiety hence my partner had to give up his job , I worry something bad will happen and I will be deserted i have irrational thoughts and morbid jealousy yet the lady I saw for medical didn't log any of this and lied many times said I go out alone and never have I was in a stressed state during interview though she said I was calm throughout, she even told me to stop raising my voice yet lied and said calm I'm so cut up feel I've had enough no money so scarred don't think I can take this on it's all too much I recently had hip replacement she had the nerve to say I wasn't using crutch right , how can she sleep st night I feel I was abused!please help me any advice appreciated

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Angie,

I'm sorry to hear this. Your next step would be to ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) ring them first thing tomorrow and tell them you want this BUT then put it in writing. I would advice you ring and ask for a copy of the assessment report if you haven't already done this. Don't delay the MR because you only have 1 month from the date on the decision letter to get this in. Send more evidence if possible to support the MR. In the meantime i'm afraid your only option is to claim JSA. Most MR decisions remain the same so be prepared to take this to Appeal Tribunal. Once the Tribunal have logged the Appeal you'll be able to go back onto assessment rate for ESA but until then it's JSA. Can i ask if you sent in evidence to support your claim and did you take anyone with you to the assessment?

• Posted

Hi Denise in answer to your question I didn't go in with anyone my partner was waiting for me , I do wish now I had someone with me , I sent in letters from medical professionals but as I had been discharged from the mental health team due to having had the number of sessions allowed I think this might have gone against me however I still have the mental health issues , I will do as you suggest first thing tomorrow, Thankyou so much for your help

• Posted

To have a limited capability for work you have to prove you fall under the ESA descriptors. Have you had a look at them? If you haven't then it may help if you do this, as it'll help you understand them a little better. Do you claim DLA/PIP?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.