Failed face to face.Going to tribunal.Are you allowed to still claim ESA whilst waiting for tyribun

Posted , 2 users are following.

Failed a Face To Face medical for ESA.Filled forms for tribunal.Are you allowed to continue to claim anything for sickness.Or do you have to wait for tribunal hearing Denise ?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I'll need a little more info Michael to answer you correctly. Is this the first ESA Tribunal you've had? Meaning have you been found fit for work before? What have you been claiming since you were found fit for work?

• Posted

Hello Denise.yes it was the first face to face I have had in 4yrs.I failed the medical and was informed I was no longer able to claim ESA .So sort help from from an organisation called A4U. They said to appeal, so I did.But I was still unsuccessful. So A4U gave me forms yo take to a tribunal.Can I now claim ESA again Denise?.
    • Posted

You can start ESA again once the Tribunal have accepted your appeal. They'll write to you when they do. When you do eventually start ESA again you'll need to continue sending in the fit/sick notes like before.

May i ask if you're planning on appearing at the Tribunal?

• Posted

Hello Denise,yes i do intend appearing when given a date for the tribunal hearing.So have to arrange an appointment with my Dr. to get a sick note then,i did not have to send sick notes before i lost the ESA Denise.
    • Posted

As you didn't have to send sick notes before you lost your ESA i'm guessing you were in one of the groups? The reason you have to send in those sick notes when you restart your ESA is because you were found "fit for work" You will be put back onto assessment rate while waiting for the Tribunal. Any assessment money you're owed will be back dated. If you're Tribunal is successful you'll eventually be backdated the difference between assessment rate and whatever group you're put into.

Glad to hear you'll be attending. 65% of those who appear have a decision in their favour, i hope for you that you're one of them. Good luck and please do come back and tell us the decision.

Hope i've been of some help.

• Posted

Hello Denise. Yes I was In the work group for ESA before the face to face medical.I have just received a letter from the tribunals services stating they have received my form and are making arrangements for the appeal to be heard.So I will get on and sort a Dr. appointment. Thanks for your help, I will keep you informed has to how things go.Mick.
    • Posted

Hello Denise,if you recall im going to tribunal because lost the ESA work related group after attending a Face 2 Face medical.You told me to seek a fit note from GP.At the risk of sounding stupid,where do i send this fit note to though ? Mick.
    • Posted

You can either make an appointment at your local Job centre for them to send it accross, or ring DWP for an address to send it to. All areas have different addresses.
  • Posted

Ps. I have not claimed anything since the ESA was stopped Denise.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.