Failed fusion, Revision surgery is an option??

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi guys, for those that don't know... I had a spinal fusion 14 years ago and been in chronic pain since, I went to see a private neuro 2 weeks ago where he told me that I have no fusion at all and all that's left in the space is the metal cage (he thinks or my own bone is growing) 

About an hour ago I went to put my boots on and had this almighty pain which I collapsed with and then couldn't move, it was like being chopped in half with an axe and I am not exaggerating, my daughter helped me up to bed which I screamed with every step, I can't even stand up properly. This happened last year and I was laid up for 5 months then another 2-3 to get moving steadily, it's felt weak ever since and the pat 2 weeks Iv been saying that I think it's going to go.

My neuro said he would go through the back take everything out then go through the front and re fuse me with larger screws (revision surgery) I am terrified, does anyone have any experience with this type of surgery, I would love to hear good and bad please, desperate right now 😢

Also just want to add that last year my previous neuro said there's nothing he can do it's wear and tear🤔

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I think you should ask your doctor about soma medication which works really well for back aches.I was on soma medication for back ache and it really worked well.Consult your doctor about it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.