Failed hip arthroscopy - 2 years ago - disabled

Posted , 4 users are following.

3/2016 - i had a late diagnosed torn labrum and after hip arthroscopy with cam fem repair ive only become much worse . Now i cannot sit up without pain or stand without pain . 

Ive seen multiple doctors without any consensus . 

Very frustrating and depressing . Any one out there ? Im 26 years old .

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello lilla2727,

I was 25 when I had my hip arthroscopy and over two years later I find myself in the same situation as you. I am very depressed and hopeless about my situation too and feel so frustrated and angry with the surgeon who has caused my long term disability and pain.

I am really sorry for your pain and what you are going though. I hope this message reaches you. In the meantime I wish you the very best and hope you find an answer soon.

Stay in there. You are not alone.

Best wishes,

Alex

• Posted

I am in a similar situation as you are. I had a hip arthroscopy in 2015 followed by a spine fusion surgery in 2017 which failed and required a second fusion surgery to fix the one that failed. I have had severe hip pain for a long time now that started off mildly a few months after my hip surgery. I was recently diagnosed with a torn gluteus medius which is being said to be the cause of my pain and inability to put weight on it or rely on it as I am trying to walk. I believe in my heart that the tear was either caused by or came as a result of my hip surgery. It has been a long and difficult journey to say the least! I am still waiting to find out what will be done about/for the tear, so I don't have very much advice to give as far as that part is concerned, but I saw your post and can relate with you so I thought that sharing a little bit about what I have been through and about what was recently found out that was going on with me might be of some help for you. Perhaps if you look into the symptoms of the tear I have, you might be able to find some answers, but I cannot say for certain that this is what you are dealing with (and I am also not trying to imply that you have not already looked into this, I just know that I personally had done a ton of research and never came across this). So, if nothing else, I thought that since I had never found anything about this in my own searching to try to figure out what has been going on with me, that it could give you an idea of something to look into. I hope that you will find answers to what is going on and causing you so much pain and difficulty! I wish you all the best!

• Posted

Thats real sad as you are young !

im 43 and had arthroscopy 3mnts post. i had a FAI, cyst, tear, bone spurs. i can barely walk and sit. Im older so im unsure would they fo another posterior to look inside !?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.