Failed Pip review

Posted , 6 users are following.

i failed my pip review receiving zero points from 11 last time although my esa was increased and placed in higher group esa say im fine i will request MR can i ask for form assesor filled in as i think she misconstrude my answeres

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi,

Remember the 1 month request time for the MR. As advised, you can request the assessment report to be sent but it may take a while to get to you, especially if it's not sent straight away which can happen with DWP.

When requesting the MR you should state where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why. You shouldn't mention any lies that may have been told in the report because they won't be interested in any of those.

If you didn't send evidence then i'd advise you to send it with the MR letter because they very rarely contact anyone for this.

Only 18% of MR decisions change so you'll most likely end up taking it to Tribunal. Waiting lists for hearings is huge right across the country and some are waiting well in excess of 1 year.

ESA and PIP are totally different benefits, with different criteria.

• Posted

i understand they are different criteria but my mental health has obviously worsened an recognised by ESA... and im surprised i have had two reassessment from pip and passed before.... do i meed to ring and tell them about MR or can i print on line and get letter from gp

• Posted

You need to ring DWP for the report but it's always best to put the MR request in writing.

A letter from your GP isn't the best evidence to send because a GP very rarely knows exactly how your conditions affect you. A GP will only know if you've told them and this isn't the best evidence. You'll be much better off sending other evidence. A GP will most often than not charge you for writing a letter.

• Posted

as my condition causes me to self neglect my gp is the only one who knows as i find its a viscous circle i suffer with extreme anxiety an ptsd so meeting new ppl just doesnt happen so if i need to see someone knew i alway fail so im stuck in a place with no help so a letter from my gp explaining how mt condition effects me and my documented suicide attempts is the best i can do... i won last time at appeal process where judge listed a particular discriptor which still stands so im goin to explain that to

• Posted

Hi Denise what's the best supporting letter or evidence and from who to send in with an MR

Your advice is appreciated

🍰

• Posted

Anything that proves how your conditions affect you against the PIP descriptors you're disputing.

• Posted

Hi beverley85293

We note from a recent post which you have made to our forum that you may be experiencing thoughts around self-harm. If we have misinterpreted your comments then we apologies for contacting you directly. But if you are having such thoughts then please note that you are not alone in this, and there are people out there that can help.

If you are having these suicidal thoughts then we strongly recommend you speak to someone who may be able to help. The Samaritans offer a safe space where you can talk openly about what you are going through. They can help you explore your options, understand your problems better, or just be there to listen.

Their contact details are on our patient information leaflet here: https://patient.info/health/dealing-with-suicidal-thoughts, which also offers lots of other advice on how you can access the help you may need.

If you are having such thoughts then please do reach out to the team at the Samaritans (or the other people detailed in our leaflet) who will understand what you're going through and will be able to help.

Kindest regards

Patient

• Posted

When they wrote to you about a review there should be a phone number on that letter.

Assessor should have told you you are entitled to a copy of their report but you have to ask for it as they do not give it to you automatically.

Good luck.

Keep in touch.

Sarah

• Posted

I've been to 3 PIP assessments and 2 ESA assessments and the HCP has never said anything about being entitled to a copy of the report. It's not their job to tell you this.

• Posted

I agree, you font get the assessment from Asos or Capita you get it from DWP and they have to be asked and cannot refuse because any information anybody holds about you you have a right to it

• Posted

Thanks i didn't say it was i was just told i can ask for a copy... can you tell me plz if i print MR form online should i also call and tell them I am requesting MR but already have forms as im a bit confused if i ring will they expect me to have the MR there and then will all my points and defence.. please xx thank you

• Posted

No Beverly you didn't but Sarah did say that the assessor should have told you that you were entitled to a copy of the report

• Posted

My reply about the report was for Sarah not you beverley.

There's no need to ring the to request the MR, just send the request in the post. If you ring then there's a possibility that they won't wait for the letter/form and carry on with the MR decision.

Most MR decisions remain the same anyway but it would be very annoying if they didn't wait for the form.

• Posted

i can print the form online thats my point do i need ring and tell them i have the form and will be sending it or do i just send it in with my evidence thank you x

• Posted

i did read 1 in 8 is being overturned at MR. They are wrong taking me off it my evidence will prove that ... if i do have to go to appeal i read its taking up to a year does anyone know if thats true plz

• Posted

As previously advised you don't need to ring them to tell them you're sending it.

I'm not sure where you read to but it's incorrect. Only 18% of MR decisions change, which mean most decisions remain the same. 72% do in fact. It's very rare for a decision to change at MR stage.

Most areas have huge backlogs for Tribunal hearings and a lot of people are waiting well in excess of 1 year for a hearing date, from when they accept the appeal.

If a Tribunal decision goes in your favour then DWP take up to 8 weeks to pay backdated money. It's not a quick process i'm afraid.

• Posted

The woman who came and assessed me did tell me I was entitled to a report.

I can only go on what has happened to me don't know about anyone else.

I supposed she would not have told me if it was not her job to do so . Why should she?

Maybe I am confused here as mine was not an MR. What is MR?

• Posted

An MR is a Mandatory Reconsideration

It is used if you decide that the DWP have awarded you less points than you consider yourself to be entitled to, you then request in a letter or by submitting their form back to them within 30 days that they look at your claim again.

You need to show them by sending in proof that the descriptors that they marked you lower for you deserve higher.

As you will be told this could actually make them look at the whole thing again and they could in theory award you less than you had already been given.

I'm told this doesn't happen very often but it can and also its not very often that they increase the award though.

If this step doesn't give you satisfaction then you can appeal

I'm not sure what happens to your benefit payments during this process so I'm hoping someone will help me out if they can and also let me know if I'm correct

• Posted

If an award is in place when you request the Tribunal then payments will continue as normal.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.