Failed POEM

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello friends with A,

Anyone had to have dilation after POEM? If u did, how long after the POEM it happened? And what’s the outcome? Really appreciate your input if you have experiensed that or have any knowledge on it.🌻

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Where did you have your procedure? 
    • Posted

In Stanford Univ Children’s Hospital. This was my daughter who had the POEM and it didn’t work unfortunately. 

Thanks for getting back to me. 

• Posted

Hi!

It would be helpful to give out the doctors name so everyone is cautioned to that hospital and procedure. How old is your daughter?

Not all doctors have experience in the POEm procedure is what I am finding out.

More details as to when she had the procedure. What symptoms she is having. When she had the procedure and when she found out it did not work.

I'm so sorry it hasn't worked so far.

• Posted

I feel sooo helpless, frustrated. I wish to talk to people who are in our shoes, but unfortunately no one replied. I mean there should be somebody else with the same experience but it’s just that we’re not running into here so missing the opportunity to learn from each other’s experience. 

As for the surgeon, he’s a highly regarded pediatric surgeon here and we have no other choice but to go with him to have further treatment as dilation. I’ve never felt this helpless, I wish I can do something more.

• Posted

My mother has suffered from Achalasia for many years.  She finally decided to have POEM surgery.  Unfortunately, hers too failed.  I will be following this thread. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.