Failed Radiofrequency ablation or Varicose Vein operation

Posted , 19 users are following.

I recently had failed Radiofrequency ablation ( it happened to me the second time!) and my surgeon said that my vein went to spasm and he couldn’t enter the vein with his catheter.  He said that he will make another attempt in 6 weeks time under general anaesthetic but I feel concerned now. Is anyone else had the same problem? Please share your experience.

0 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Antonia, I just posted about Sonovein, and very upset it's not accessible to me.

• Posted

I had a small varicose vein in my right leg, softball injury way back.(lower right leg)

Went to the doctor and he said you can have the surgery or just live with it.

Never told me that the surgery could fail and make it worse.

So I decided to get it done.

6 months after a large vein popped up in a totally different area with a lot of pain worse that before.(upper inner thigh)

He did about 13 stabs on my lower leg and ablation in my inner thigh.

I went back and he said he could correct it and I said are you sure.

No one ever told me of the surgery failing.

So I decided for the second surgery.

About 23 stabs this time and removal of the bad vein.

8 months later my body like before healed and unsealed the vein ablation.

Now I have a lager bubbled up vein in my thigh and a lot of bubbled up veins in my lower leg.

I cant hardly do anything any more and my wife really depends on me.

I do not know what to do.

My quality of life is not that good.

I wish I could sue these guys or just get it fixed.

But I feel the same will happen again.

I also have pain in my groin.

If any one could maybe add some advice it would sure be appreciated.

Thanks doc.

Sarcasm.

• Edited

wow!! that bad! after hearing this im going to have to live with these ugly things i guess i don't want to not be able to do things. i have a lg vein from thigh to calf. but i don't want to be in pain

• Posted

im very concerned about having this done why would it fail.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.