Failed sacrohysterpoxy?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi All.

I'm 6 weeks post op for A & P repairs with sacrohysterpoxy and i think its failed 😭😭.

At my 4 week post op check everything was healing perfectly but i have had a strange bulge feeling for a few days examined myself stood up and i can defo feel my cervix! Hubby checked top and said he can feel something.

Could this just be swelling? It looks fine led down and no bulge when coughing etc (again led down)

I am devastated! Im due to go back to the consultant 7th March but note sure i can wait.

Does anyone know what my options are if it has failed? If i need more surgery when can i have it done?

I have been doing a limited amount of lifting as at 4 week app he said it was safe to lift my son but now i think he was wrong.

Thanks x

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Absolutely it could. You are still at a very early stage of recovery. This is not something that can be rushed and takes many months to recover properly and rest is the key.
    • Posted

I'm so stressed im not due to see the consultant until 7th March i dont know whether to try and see him earlier if only to know either way!

My hubby did everything for the first 4 weeks but as soon as the consultant said i could do more the reins were handed straight back 😩.

I suffer with anxiety too which isnt helping things xx

• Posted

Sorry to hear that you are feeling down and I hope that things aren’t as bad as you think x 

I’ve been told no lifting but that’s easier said than done with a small child. I have my op on the 21st and with an 18 month old I’m dreading doing damage post op.  Hope you are ok x

• Posted

Hi Lisa

I am so sorry you are concerned. I guess it’s impossible for anyone to be able to tell you except your consultant. I can only speak from my experience. I had A andP prolapse repairs and on 3 separate occasions I felt a bulge and had that full feeling and was convinced there was a problem. It was just inflammation as I healed.

Six weeks is generally the minimum for initial healing but it takes a full 12 weeks and actually 12 months for tissue to totally heal and regain former strength.

Please avoid lifting your baby and  never strain on the toilet.

Rest as much as possible. That gives your body the best chance to heal. Your husband sounds fabulous. 

If you can bring your appointment firwars for your peace of mind it would be nice for you but asix week check is a good market for the surgeon to assess you.

All the best, try not to worry. Let us know how you get on x

• Posted

I had A&P repairs 18 days ago.  Because i have 2 kids, there’s a lot of sitting and standing everyday, even though i have not picked up my 2 yo at all and only pick up my 3-month old ( who weighs about 15 lbs/7kgs) about 3 times per day (the night feedings).  

Some days at the end of day I feel fullness, but nothing has bulged out.  I’ve heard that can happen during recovery as a result of inflammation.  I hope that’s your case!!  

I would definitely try to move up the appointment, though, for my sanity. Sending you good wishes!

• Posted

Six weeks is so very very early to assess the outcome of such major surgery. I didn't see my consultant for three months and there was still so much more healing going on. 

The hardest thing in all this is patience, I was a very impatient patient which led to frustration all round. 

Good luck with your recovery, I hope you'll be reassured on March 7th, if not before. 😃

• Posted

Thanks all. I have contacted the nurse who said they need to have a look so are going to try and move my appointment from 7th March to tomorrow. I'm devastated! 

Had another look today and something isn't quite right everything looks lumpy and open. Can feel something when stood up so don't think it's swelling.

• Posted

Oh Lisa. I’m glad they are going to arrange to see you. I do hope the result is better than you are anticipating. Please do let us k ow how you get on 💜

• Posted

Hi Ladies,

Went back to see the surgeon last night and operation has been a success! No prolapse everything has healed fine but my coil had fallen out which was causing the swelling and discomfort! So relieved! 

I can go back to work on a phased return from next week x

• Posted

Lisa!!!!!  💝. So good to read this! Thank you for letting us know.

Please be careful returning to work. No lifting pushing pulling and take breaks x great news and wishing you continued success x

• Posted

That’s fantastic news ?? So glad all is okay 👍🏼

Would you say that 6/7 weeks is about the right amount of time to have off work after the operation ? 

• Posted

Yes hun you will need a minimum of 6 weeks. I was signed off for 8 weeks which is about right for me but some women need 12 weeks depends on what you are having done hun x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.