Failed to appeals for esa now in the work related group

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've failed two appeals now for esa,I'm now in the work related group, they are now sending me appointments ,I've managed to attend the first one,but theve now sent me another one which I'm dreading I'm suffering from ptsd anxiety and depression, I find it diffecult to attend due to the anxiety my sister comes to all of my review appointments ,but can't expect her to take the day of for these ,I've got a pip review coming up and I've stated that I'm unable to attend appointments wiv out some one coming wiv me ,I don't no what to do attend the appointment or not ,if I don't go they will sauction me ,if I do go will it affect what I've said in my pip .

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi

You must attend the appointment or you will be sanctioned as you said in your question.

PIP is a completely separate benefit and attending this appointment will have no effect on whether or not PIP is allowed.

If you need accompanying to the appointments then you can be as you know and they're not that often in WRAG ie not weekly/daily etc and don't last all day. I would hope your sister or another friend or family member could manage a couple if hours given how important they are.

All the best

Wendy xxx

• Posted

Hi,

Yes you will be sanctioned if you don't attend the WFI. Do you have a friend or other family member that can go with you?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.