Failed vasectomy

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello all

I had a vasectomy earlier this year in February. The recovery was rough, my left side healed up fine but I had a lot of pain on the right. The right side didn’t heal up well. It swelled up pretty bad and was very painful. 

8 weeks later I dropped off a sperm sample to be tested and it came back positive for sperm still. 4 weeks later dropped off another sample... and there were still sperm active. 4 weeks later and again still sperm. 

I had to delay my in office follow up due to work and vacations. I went in last week and they tested again, still showing sperm 6 months after my procedure. 

He offered me a few choices. Do another standard vasectomy or be sedated and have surgery. His recommendation was to be sedated. 

I’m commited to following through with another vasectomy and think surgery is the way to go. I don’t like the idea of my sack getting cut open but I also don’t want to go through a other regular V and have it fail.  

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.