Failed vein treatments

Posted , 4 users are following.

I went through quite a few leg vein treatments last year.  Now I'm having pain again in that same leg.  Has anyone here on this forum had leg vein treatments and they failed?  I'm going in to have my leg ultrasound.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mari!

I had vein ablation in my left leg in 2013 with subsequent spider vein treatments (shots of a substance which resembles soap). Went to Daytona Beach several months later with MUCH BETTER-LOOKING legs. No real difference in how my legs FELT, probably because I had two knees needing replacements that were taking up most of my attention!

It is five years later. My two knees were replaced in 2015. Very successful. I have NEW varicose veins that replaced ones that were troublesome earlier. I also have very black-looking ankles due to new spider veins.

I had a weird experience when I was shaving my legs this summer. I knicked one of my veins contributing to my blue-black ankles, and BOY DID I hit a GUSHER!!! Blood SQUIRTING into the tub even though I was putting pressure on it with my washcloth! Finally just stepped out of the tub and wrapped my TOWEL around my ankle. What a mess! Cleanup time FOR SURE!

There WAS a positive outcome, though! The next day I looked down at the band-aid and then removed it. BEHOLD! There was a two-inch skin-colored spot where the vein had blown out! I had performed my own spider vein procedure!!!

Crazy stuff!😁

My main reason for pursuing the ablation was to prevent a potential DVT blood clot. The right leg was OK. Spider vein treatments I added on because I had hoped to look better on our Florida trip.

Was it a fail?

Yes and No.

I hope you have great success with your procedures!??

• Posted

I had it and with in six months had to do another one on same leg lower down below my knee, had to wear the stockings and still have to going on long trips.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.