Faint Feeling when Lying Down

Posted , 3 users are following.

I feel like I’m going pale or losing blood everytime I lay down. I would feel very off-balance. It makes going straight to bed very difficult and I usually keep myself awake until the syptoms pass.

I’ve been diagnosed with hypertension, but medication has been doing a pretty good job. More or less.

While lying down, my blood pressure is 115/77. Which looks nice at first but then I learned about pulse pressure.

And this PP is 38.

Sometimes my PP would go as low as 24 (or as high as 75) when lying down.

I tried researching more about this but there doesn’t seem to be a lot of info, especially when concerning me specifically, a 21 year old female.

I found some stuff about POTS but most people who have this seem to experience a low PP when standing.

I know your BP lowers when lying down so maybe this is normal. But then why am I feeling so faint?

I do know that after walking for a while, I start to get dizzy as well. Sometimes my BP is kinda low and other times it’s only a little high. I don’t get it.

Maybe I’m just extremely sensitive to changes or maybe it’s something else entirely?

If there’s other things to note my right eye would go dim for a temporary amount of time.

And I’ve already been to the ER many times these past few months. Even during these episodes. In the end, I’m fine and it’s back home.

Has anybody experienced this before?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Usually it’s the diastolic number thatms neither a bit high or too low.
  • Posted

I have had this happen to me a lot. My GP had me cut my medicine in half. If I lay around to much it happens again. I wear compression socks if it happens now and it goes back up. So I'd say too much medicine or you could have circulation problems in your legs. Just one opinion.

• Posted

I’ve been having similar issues. I also feel like I’m going to faint when sitting and walking at times. I’ve been to the ER mulptile times and my BP is normal each time. My blood work comes out normal. This started all of a sudden and can’t figure out why. I’m not on any Meds so I’ve ruled that out. Please update if you find a solution. Hope you feel better soon. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.