Fainting, Weakness, Tingling, Cluster Headaches...Confused?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Fainting, Weakness, Tingling, Cluster Headaches...Confused?

Hi,

I'm new to this so apologies if I'm going about this all wrong.

I'll start by telling you who I am. I am a nineteen year old female student. I consider myself to have been in a good standard of health up until this year, however, illness has been a factor in my life as my mother is currently fighting her fifth battle with cancer and is a sufferer of Lupus and Sjogren's syndrome.

In January of this year I became unwell, just with the general winter bugs that go around but after a month I was still suffering. Eventually, I phoned home and my parents decided to come and collect me from University as I was displaying symptoms of bacterial meningitis. I was taken to hospital and told it was a culmination of severe infections but not thought to have been meningitis. I was also diagnosed with cluster headaches. I returned to University and while I continued to be somewhat weak and still suffered the headaches but generally healthy.

Three weeks pass and bring us up to date, I am currently home from Uni for spring break. Two days ago I attended a gig in a local bar with my family, we were stood; alongside many others, when I suddenly felt very sick, I looked around to find the exit and then toward my mother to try and tell her that I was going to be sick and wanted to leave but I couldn't seem to speak, she said something to me but my hearing had become muffled and somehow the silence was deafening, I looked at my feet and everything faded to black. I assume I passed out. The next thing I remember is being outside with my Dad shouting my name. I am told I hit the deck hard and was carried outside. I was incredibly hot and sweating but shivering and complaining I was cold. I had a sharp pain at the base of my neck, and my left leg was numb from the knee down, as was my right arm from the elbow down.

Two days have passed now and I am still felling very odd. I still have tingling sensation in my finger tips and toes but the majority of numbness has gone. I am still going through phases of being extremely hot and sweaty and yet shivering. I have had the stabbing pain in my neck every now and again. I have had another headache, but that is normal as I suffer them three of four times a week.

I am just a little confused. I would like to see a doctor but I am no longer registered at a doctors here and I live in a very rural area where there is no real chance of seeing an emergency doctor. I have been told by a few friends and my parents to go to Accident and Emergency but I don't feel that it is really that serious. Any thoughts, gratefully accepted!

Thanks in advance!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, (I'm Dutch so my English...)

Sorry for your hard times with your mum! I think it is hard for her to see her daughter

beeing not well, as all mums want their children to be.

First: (I'm 58 so a lot of lif- and workexperiences...)

You are dealing with a lot of stress, for a long time now, in a period of your life that is the

time to become who you want to be....have fun, falling in love, study etc.... That alone, all

those years of high stress levels, can cause and come with several problems.

In Western society we tend to believe that when whe have a physical problem, take a pil...do an operation, or plaster the problem.... and everything is solved....but so often it is not!

More and more we become aware that body and soul are more connected then we know and want to believe.

The problems you describe can be anything....

Tinglings may be caused by obstruction in the nervesystem (Neck?) but is also known

from Lymes disease as well...in early stages...neuroborreliosis..(do you remember a tick or red spot somewhere?)

...suddenly I felt very sick..(in the bar)....not able to speak....deafness.....faded to black....

(panickattack?)

....hot and sweating whilst cold....(panickattacks and Lymes disease...so many things cross my mind)

I really think you should first do something about the stress in your life...(good healthy food(not any fast food, or preprepared food at all for a long time, enough rest > 8,9 hours,

and relaxation, meditation, Qigong (Try Lee Holden exercises on You Tube! etc. )

Life at your age can be overwhelming...beeing scared to lose your mum...so far from

home..feeling you are not helpfull etc...

.....but that is normal as I suffer them 3, 4 times a week....No that is not normal.....!

Besides stress certain foods can cause headdeaches as well...keep a diary for a short period and note when exactly you eat or do what..and register when you react with a headachAfter a few weeks perhaps you see a repetition in symptoms....

Note all your problems (also the social ones!) and see a doctor!

Good luck, also with your family (mum)!

Renee

• Posted

Maybe you had a partial seizure? Try looking it up. However, that would only cover the first part and not the blacking out.
  • Posted

Have you been properly diagnosed with CH by a headache neurologist? If yes, then search for OUCH (UK) - the Organisation for the  Understanding of Cluster Headache. It's our support group and they're brilliant.

• Posted

Symptums you mentioned above shows that there is lack of oxygen or low suger level in your body.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.