Fainty irregular heartbeats.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Had another episode of palps for about 6 seconds then a fainty feeling, everything went a bit fuzzy, ears went quiet, thumping pulse in myhead, then went all hot. My heart rights itself and apart from a few seconds of dizzyness i go back to normal. This all happens over a period of about 10 seconds and im ok till the next time it happens. i get palps bu just sometimes it goes on too many seconds and then ialmost pass out until my heartbeat rights itself again.

I am peri menopausal and have had various heart monitors attached to me, ive had echo's and stress tests too.

But i need to be reassured its nothing serious with my heart.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I,ve had this for over 40years, exactly the same symptoms which got worse as I,ve got older, my heart is ok but now I have SVT and palpitations which I take bisoprolol 1.25mg.  I had many monitors over the years and the palpitations have been dismissed as ok until I was admitted to hospital with my heart racing at 197 beats a minute.  This problem is hard to live with and disrupts your life. I don,t have the palpitations now but I have a few side effects from the drug. I am 70 now.
    • Posted

I took 1.25 of bisoorolol too it helped but I couldn't cope with the lethargy and exhaustion. Only a tiny side but I couldn't function.

• Posted

Kiim I am sorry I can not reassure you that there is nothing serious because I am not a doctor. But I can say, it sounds like you may need to see a cardio doc again and tell him. Feeling faint is dangerous, I had that feeling in the car driving. I found out I have sick sinus syndrome. I could have fainted and had an accident and got hurt or worse. So, now I have a pacemaker. Does not matter how old you are to get this problem. Its an easy fix. I get hot after my heart gets irregular too sometimes but no fainty feeling anymore. It is scary. You may just have a run of ectopics.  But, it could be low blood pressure, etc. I would definitly make an appt with your cardio. Peri Menapause does cause some weird things too! Hope you feel better. Could be just some Sinus Tachy Cardia. Try to take your pulse , if it is over 110 I would go to Dr. Dont panic!! Hormones do weird things. My husband always says, dont worry till you have something difinite to worry about! Take good care
    • Posted

Thanks Mabel. I'm thinking of going back to the cardiologist. My pulse is never over 78. Ever. But lately I can feel my pulse in my neck and head. I hate this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.