Fall 4 days post ORIF Surgery

Posted , 1 user is following.

12/23 fell down stairs; diagnosed at urgent care with fractured non displaced fibula fracture. I tried to hop and fell on it between urgent care and seeing Ortho 1 week post fall. Ortho says I need surgery scheduled for 10 days later. Surgery goes well 2.5 weeks post fall. Post op sucked but 96 hours later I am feeling good ; no pain. So I decide to make my way downstairs because I had been in bed for 5 days and was going stir crazy. I then repeat same mistake that made after I fell post break; lost balance on crutches and I fell and landed on foot. Not on the stairs, in the kitchen. I took Tylenol and naproxen right away and elevated and iced. It was sore and tingly after Tylenol wore off at night concentrated in the foot but also a bit through the calf. Anxiety is in overdrive wondering if I messed anything up. i dont want another surgery amd i dont want to delay recovery. im only shufflering from the couch to the bathroom until this calms down. Splint is solid and heavy. it was Friday night so I cant call office until Tuesday when office reopens. 24 hours post fall and no Tylenol:, it is spasms-y/twitchy and very tingly. with some random soreness twinges up the shin. The tingles are not new from pre surgery (i feel like these came from sitting straight leg too long or from when I strained in a weird position for a shower. That's also when the fluid rush when foot was down started) but are new post surgery. I will call doc, but anyone have similar experience and things were ok? google says 1 fall will not likely be an issue but this was only 4 days post op. Many of the people who posted on here was and other pages were 2-4 weeks post surgery. Its not hurting. Tender/sore with some movements. But that could still be from surgery. Any recommendations to strengthen legs while laying reclined so much. I am overweight and trying to work on that. No other medical conditions.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.