Fall on knee almost 2 years ago, still having symptoms

Posted , 3 users are following.

I fell hard onto my knee when I was pregnant with my now 14 month old son. Due to being pregnant, they would not do an xray, but they did do an ultrasound, nothing was found except for swelling and bleeding. There was a lump, I cant remember the word used to describe it, may of been hematoma, that they measured on top of my knee cap, the US ruled out bursitis and ligament injuries. I was told to rest and it would be fine.

Well its been almost 2 years, there is still mild swelling and the lumps are still in my knee. I don't have pain walking, but sometimes the joint aches, if I sit down and lift my leg and swing my leg, the joint clicks every time, my other knee is fine. If someone bumps my knee (I have 4 young kids, it happens often lol) its it's extremely painful.

Ive seen the dr a few times but feel like they're not overly concerned, I think it at least needs more investigating, they just tell me its fine and send me on my way.

Ive attached an image, the red dots are roughly the area and size of the lupms in my knee, the greeny yellowy borders are where I can move the lumps to, and the blue is where the mild swelling has remained.

Does it sound like something else going on or am I just being a hypochondriac?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I am not an expert, but it sounds like you may have shaved little bits of your cartilage off when you fell. These I suspect are the movable pieces under your skin. They will cause pain if they get caught up in the knee joint. Ask your Dr for a knee syringe to clean the joint out . Or they could be small bits of the knee cap, same action required.

• Posted

You need to go back to your Dr (or another dr if it's a group practice) & insist that something is done about it. If you don't keep on at them they won't do anything. You'll prob have to be referred to a consultant to have your knee flushed out. It's only knee hole surgery & you're only in for prob half a day. Good luck, hope you get it sorted.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.