Fallen 7 days after surgery

Posted , 5 users are following.

so I had my gallbladder removed 7 days ago n the hubby decided to take me shopping as I haven't  been out in a week n was getting board but while out I slipped on wet floor and landed on My knees I felt ok then and I think I still feel ok, but now I am starting to feel scared I have done something inside like pulled it or something more serious and it's starting to worry me 

should I go to a&e or wait till weekend over and go see the surgeon 

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi 

think you would instantly know if u undid anything ... 

My sister in law had a hysterectomy and 5 days later went to a party and jumped up and danced lets get jiggy with it she instantly collapsed in pain had to go back to hospital from the party cos she had undone her internal stitches....

so I think you would know ......but 

Youll propbably ache for a few days if you  used your abdominal muscles when you fell but sounds like you were lucky and your knees have taken the fall. 

You won't feel so lucky if your knees start to ache. 

Try to relax ...

if anything don't panic if you ache tomorrow I carried shopping bags and felt like I was 92 yrs old with aching muscles everywhere 

xxxxxxxx

• Posted

Thanks for that 

I'm such a big worrier I worry about anything from a spot to well a fall 

think I will contact my surgeon on Monday just to put my mind at ease 

thanks agin xx

• Posted

Hi i would.go to a and e to be on the safe.side i would be scared like you you could be bleading on the inside just tell them you felt a sharp pain when u fell and they will give you a scan hopefully i thi k you will be ok cos you fell on your knees but am also a worrier  let me know how u get on xx
    • Posted

I have spoke with the hubby and have decided to go see my surgeon on Monday morning just to put my mind at ease 

I'm still on pain meds as well so if I'm in a lot more pain than I normally am then I think I will go to a&e

many thanks for your response xx

• Posted

If in doubt ring 111 ask advice, also check out waiting times at your local A&E just looked up my area and is 183 hours approx.
  • Posted

If you are worried you can always call your doctor. I know being stuck inside is hard but take it easy. Short trips out should be fine.

My surgeon told me to call if I had any questions, so I'm sure you can too. If you did any damage I am sure you would know it already but to ease your mind you can call your doctor.

Take care!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.