Fallen off the wagon

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hello,

Have been M.I.A. lately.

Went for my first weigh in on the 7th. Had lost 4.4kg. I was really pleased, so impressed, didn't think they'd been working.

Since then, have been so up and down with my moods that I've just slipped back into my bad comfort eating ways. Terrible side effects, serves me damn right.

I need to get motivated again, how do others stay motivated? I have goals that I want to work towards but that just doesn't seem to work.

Am going to skive off Weight Watchers tonight because we've had such a bad week. I got so so so bored of eating chicken and rice that I gave up and we went back to having chili and bolognese.

I've been trying to get the fat content of the things I'm eating but that's about as far as it goes. I really really need to start tracking what I eat. I thought FoodFocus was so useful, then I just stopped using it.

What a failure!

How is everyone else doing. Well I hope, at least, better than cop out old me!

Perhaps I need to take a photo of myself naked and pin it to my wall, that'll stop me eating!

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

hi amylena

there are plenty of meals you can eat besides chicken and rice smile most meals can be made into a lower fat version, i still eat spaghetti bolognaise but i use sainsburys be good to yourself beef mince which is far lower in fat than the norm, i use low fat cooking spray to fry in and everything else is low fat i.e mushrooms, tomatoes, etc

have a good look around the supermarket at the lower fat ranges and you'll find you have quite a few options available. also if you're finding you're eating a lot of chicken you can jazz it up with sauces and marinades which are often low fat or fat free smile

i go through phases of wanting to throw the towel in and chomp down on a massive bag of maltesers but what keeps me going is remembering how much i have lost and the potential for loosing more if i keep on the straight and narrow smile good luck

• Posted

got weighed in today and i have lost 10.5 lbs in 6 weeks on orlistat plus 5.5 lbs for 2 weeks before so 16 lbs in 8 weeks. I'm happy and it seems to be good weight loss for me as now down to 14 stone 1 lb.

How is everyone else doing?

• Posted

Hi Louise,

I'm doing ok. Although I am never happy ha ha ha

I've lost 12lb in 6 weeks on these. My shape has changed sooooooo much though. Going away in 3 weeks and would of loved to have lost more. I have to lose 1st 12lb before I can put my 50lb loss certificate from WW back on the wall. Thats my main goal I guess.

Well done with your loss.

x

• Posted

get some post-its..

write on them different things

ie

is this food really gonna get me into that size 10,12,14 ? dress!

i am just gonna add so much fat to your hips

dont eat me grab an apple instead!

etc do loads,

now go and open ur kitchen cuboards, fride freezer and stick these notes all over the foods u know deep down u shouldnt be eating.

if ur craving gets suddenly so bad, no matter what it cost u to buy no matter how much u want it but know u shldn't but can control it quickly grab the washing up liquid and pour it all over the food, now u cant eat it can you! so u dont feel gutted run around the house screaming yay yay i dont it i can beat this, be cheerful of what u have achieved.

hope this helps you and anyone else

nora

• Posted

Nora....sounds like you've recovered from your almost blip? Well done....that's a good one about the washing up liquid...will remember that!
  • Posted

Had forgotten how supportive everyone is on this site. Also fallen off the wagon having started in February and lost 2 stone but maintained the weight loss.

Decided to give the blueys another go next week.

• Posted

Great to know you are still up for it.

Remember it isn't for ever but just while you right a bit of damage from the last few years. When you get to a healthy weight you can eat more normally again - although to be honest I look at cheese now and just think lard. I will eat cheese and enjoy it again in a few months, but with a genuinely educated perspective.

So - look at that bacon buttie, chocolate eclair or pile of chips and know it won't be the only one you will ever be offered. 5000 years of conditioning have told our ancestors ( ie the ones who survived famines to have descendants ) that they need to eat whenever it's on offer. Our surviving ancestors have left us with an apetite and (in my case a natural greed!) that I need to see past if I am going to say no for a while and survive to see my kids grow up and have their kids.

Keep it up.

• Posted

Sorry you are feeling down hun.

Don't worry about falling off the wagon we all do, hell once a week I step off the wagon, have a 1/2 day off and step back on again.

Get a low fat cook book, I got on in smiths for £5 - good housekeeping low fat something - only a small book but some really interesting recipes.

Buy some quorn mince and make chilli and bolognese. I've found if I add an oxo cube (don't normally with meat) I can't tell the difference.

One thing that is working for me is a couple of pics on the fridge, one taken Dec last year, one feb this year and one July this year. In the Feb and July pics I'm wearing the same clothes and you can see such a difference.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.