Falling

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi guys so I've had a bunion removed 5 weeks ago and just been put into a cast about a week ago. Last night I slipped coming out of shower and now my foot is sore/ pins and needles type. Anyone know if I could do any damage to big toe. My big toe is plastered BTW. I'm very worried

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Unfortunately, I have no idea as to what may or may not have happened. I think, hope you are probably all right. My question is why were you put in a cast? Did they explain it to you? Have you been allowed to bear any weight on that foot? To walk? I have had bunion and hammertoe surgery exactly 3 weeks ago today. For the first two weeks I was in an aircast boot and then switched to a neoprene surgical sandal with rigid sole. I was told to not bear any weight on it. I am spending my time in bed with my foot propped up.

• Posted

*sorry 4 weeks post op. Had bandage for the 1st 3 weeks until stitches out then my surgeon recommended for plaster up to knee. My op was hallux valgus bunion. I'm not weight bare to. Another 2 weeks until hopefully I'm allowed to weight bare.

I'm at my local hospital now to get it checked out x

• Posted

Did you wear a boot (aircast or similar ) right after surgery? Why did your doctor say you needed a cast? My doctor did not mention that he was going to put me in a cast. I will have my 4th week check up next week, right before Thanksgiving.

• Posted

I think it's too protect the big toe and the keep it in place. I never got a boot to put on x go back in 2 weeks to get off so hopefully I can begin to put pressure on it x

• Posted

To be on the safe side you may want to call your doctor so he can xray to make sure it's ok.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.