Falling after mid foot fusion

Posted , 3 users are following.

oh dear I'm 4 weeks post op non weight bearing iv just lost balance and put my foot on the floor to save myself from falling has anyone else stumbled and put their foot down if so what happened I dont want to have ruined all what's been done

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hi I am now 3 years post surgery but it was a long 4-4.5 months recovery and I too had to put my foot down to prevent a fall, which fortunately didn't do further damage but was very painful for a few hours afterwards and I would not recommend it or trying to use your foot whilst in plaster. How much damage you have done will depend on how you fell/put your foot down; how long you were weight bearing and if you tried to walk whilst in plaster so if the pain wears off quite quickly and your foot was only weight bearing for a few seconds it might be okay; however if you are still in pain by tomorrow call your hospital/surgeon's emergency advice line if you are worried.

I guess you will already have your next appointment with your surgeon and his team already booked so if you have any problems or concerns you can talk through with them. I had x-rays taken at around 4-5 weeks so my surgeon could see how well the fusion was doing and if it had fused properly so if you haven't already had this done, your surgeon will be wanting this done soon now and so it will be a good time to talk through any concerns with him or her.

best wishes and I hope all goes well for you.

regards

Lorraine

• Posted

I am curious as well if more damage has been done to my foot. I was three days post op and fell off my knee roller scooter and bent the pins on my second and third toe. Not knowing I had messed them up I waited for my followup appt 7 days later. An x-ray was taken and the pins were bent at a 90 degree angle. I had to have another surgery to remove old pins and have new ones put in. i am beside myself...ugh so i hope i have not permanently damaged anything. wondering if anyone else has bent pins in foot.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.