False memories or not?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have a boyfriend of a year and a half and I love him a lot, I would never want to be with anyone else and he truly means the world to me. I have not been diagnosed with OCD but I have really bad anxiety, recently with every situation I’ve had the same thoughts over and over again and I keep hunting for reassurance everywhere, anyway, I have a virtual life game and I only talk to girls on there because I feel it would be bad if I spoke to boys on there as I have a boyfriend, I have got close with girls on this game and everyone on this game has there own little avatar, I do not know any of these people personally, there’s s lot of girls on this game that are lesbian or bi and I’m afraid that I might of cheated with a girl on this game. A girl in particular used to fancy me (even tho she never knew me personally she only knew my animated character) she used to always want to be my “virtual girlfriend” I always said no because I have a bf but I feel like I could of ended up flirting with her, I liked the attention she gave me and I’m not sure if that wrong? And because of this I feel like it could of escalated to having “sex on the game” almost like “pretend sex” I have vivid memories that this has  happened, I can actually picture what she might of done to me and me reply back,  which makes me feel like I have done something bad, 70% of the time I think this has happened and then 30% of the time I would think... no that’s just a thought I’m just paranoid or thinking to much. But I also have a thought that “after I did what i did with a girl on the game I felt bad as soon as it happened” even though the feeling of guilt hasn’t come on until the last couple of weeks, I feel like I’m always hurting someone especially my boyfriend, I am not interested in girls in that way... i am straight, I have nothing against lesbians, gays or anything. Please someone reply, thank you for reading.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Jai, this is just your anxiety causing you to have these thoughts. I know you probably love the game and are probably addicted to playing it, but honestly the best way to sort this is to stop playing it. Even just for a month or so. Do something else. Play a different game even - one where these sort of 'relationships' don't exist.

I know this is not what you want to hear as you will have invested a lot of time into this game, but it sounds as if it is doing you more harm than good. There are plenty of other games out there which you can play to take your mind off of things. 

Please try it, as I think it will help.

• Posted

Okay thank you, this helped slightly.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.