False Negative biopsy confirmation

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hallo all you experienced LS sufferers!

If any one of you received a negative result to a biopsy would you please let me know. I firmly believe that I have LP or LS but the con/gyn is not going to treat me because the biopsy result was negative. Any advice welcome. Please!!!

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hallo Chelsea Blue!

You did not describe your symptoms but obviously they must be very mild or your consultant would have insisted on examining you. I have pretty severe symptoms so I have to use Dermovate daily despite the fact that it is so potent. Look after yourself because this condition does not go away and is silently at work!!!!!!

• Posted

hi mayocovie

I think like you said possiably mine is mild compared to yourself I have it from my vigina to anus which had all the spots and originaly splits to the skin area also on my labia skin have had this condition for about four years but it took me along time to go to my gp as I thought it was all to do with the menapause and because of the itch around my anus I had piles but when I did see a female gp last december she was so spot on with her diagnosis I got referred and saw the gyne consultant in january he did drawings of the area but the fucibet I used non stop twice daily for 8-10 weeks a bit like the dermovate you use but apart from around my anus the itch has stopped not saying it wont be back because nothing is forever but I am enjoying the rest my thighs do get sore again I apply my oilatum I dont know why he did not look at the area yesterday I was prepared for this ..but because I had no problems in my skin he did not ask so we had a really good chat about the condition I was trying to find out if this condition is hereditary as my mum has the same splits / itch but wont see a gp afraid But consultant said their is no link found to connect this as a genetic link in familys do hope any info that I give could help

• Posted

Hi all. Thank goodness there is a gynea with sense.Treat the symptoms. Biopsy for sores that could turn cancerous and not to verify LS. We all know our symptoms girls are very alike. The Paladin you mentioned - if you go on the **** site where the lady who sells it is also a sufferer, as the girls on here will tell you, and the message board on there runs parallel with this one. There you will read how we found out about this ointment. Our medics in england were not aware of it but loads of us are now using and telling the docs etc., about it. It was originally only in the states where it has passed the medic testing whatever they call it there.It is thick and like a paste but boy does it stop your itches and soreness. Everyone has their favourites and its whatever you find in your search for comfort that helps you. bye girls. sb

[color=green:fcb31fbf84][size=9:fcb31fbf84][b:fcb31fbf84][i:fcb31fbf84](Sorry but Patient Admin have removed either a telephone number, an email address, a postal address and or web address, from this posting, as it is the policy of Patient UK not to publish these on this forum.

If you wish to communicate directly with people, you should register, for free, with the forum (click Register in the menu list below the green banner above). You and other registered members will then be able to communicate with each other via Private Messaging (PM) or e-mail.) [/i:fcb31fbf84][/b:fcb31fbf84][/size:fcb31fbf84][/color:fcb31fbf84]

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.