elisa can be 75 percent wrong google says

in more tech terms which i dont underatand :

IgG

• Sensitivity 66.3% - 93.6%
  • Specificity 98%

IgM

• Sensitivity 25.6% - 46.7%
  • Specificity 100%

can anyone share their story on finally being diagnosec with lyme bur having negative elisa

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Well, I didn't get a negative Elisa but I did a positive Elisa twice and yet I was still told by my GP that I was negative. They did follow up with the Western Blot but I only had one band (39 which is a lyme specific band according to Dr Horrowitz who is a leading Lyme doc in the USA). However, this band was not sufficient to be considered positive. I finally got my potive result from USA - far too late mind as I've been ill for years and now bed bound and crippled.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.