Falsely claiming Pip

Posted , 7 users are following.

I honestly don't know what to do this person is meant to be my friend but she is taking all the info from my appointments and told Pip she has them yet they've awarded her better than me and ticked her off not to need another face-to-face on my information all she does is get the doctor to prescribe her pills which she doesn't even take she walks runs goes out drinking she even Goes To Town from 10 a.m. till 4/5p.m. in the afternoon I wish I could bloody do that but I can't. It's literally nothing wrong with her she is just a compulsive liar and always has been soon as you say you've got something wrong with you she has to do 10 times better prime example my 4 year old son has been diagnosed with ADHD( hyper disorder) then she turns around and says both of her son's have ADHD and her daughters disabled yet there's been no tests and her daughter isn't disabled she was just a slow developer as I was the one that got her walking as she wasn't being encouraged to walk. When you question her on any of it she can't even answer correctly

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Your "friend" must have had evidence to successfully claim PIP because they wouldn't just award based on what the claimant has said. Another thing is there's no such thing as a life time award of PIP so that is completely wrong. Everyone will be reviewed at some point. The longest award length before review is 9 years, no one can get any longer than that. This person is either lying to you about what she's claiming or you've miss heard her. What do you mean by "she's taking info from your appointments"

If she is genuinely claiming PIP do you know exactly how her conditions affect her? and i mean every single thing? People do put on acts and pretend there's nothing wrong when infact there is. Just because she goes out it doesn't mean she's lying about her conditions. I go out everyday, i have no choice because i have my disabled daughter to take to college, yet i claim PIP. Going out doesn't mean i don't qualify for PIP and it certainly doesn't mean i'm claiming fraudulently.  Does she have mental health issues? There's invisible conditions to think about too.

There may well be issues with her daughter, especially if she was a slow developer!!

My opinion is that if you truely do believe that's she's claiming PIP fraudulently then pick the phone up and report her. I'm not sure what advice you expect to get from a forum.

• Posted

She came to all of my appointments with me and she's used what information she can remember to relay on to Pip she literally has no medical evidence apart from the doctor prescribing painkillers and her partner lying to the assessor saying that he has to carry her up and down the stairs when he doesn't the only reason I know she's a 100% lying is all of a sudden she's telling me she has fibromyalgia and it showed up in an MRI that it's in her hips and spine yet I have fibromyalgia and it's to do with the brain and chemicals in the brain which affects your pain receptors etc and that when you question her to-do with them she can't even tell you what it really is or even explain what these conditions achly do to you, problems walking as much as what she makes out she is she wouldn't be able to go to town weekly from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m. in the afternoon that is just impossible if she when she's saying she can't get out of bed she can't walk up and down the stairs she can't dress or undress her self etc when she can, I completely lost it with her when she told me this and that she was going to tell that Pip that she now got fibromyalgia aswell, it's taking me over a year to get where I am yet she's apparently had an MRI a CAT scan and an x-ray physio all within the same month which is impossible there waiting lists for some of the things she is stating she had done and procedures you have to go through first. I took her with me because I thought I could trust her and I needed someone with me for these appointments yet it seems to be a big smack in the face that she's done this. I've told her she shouldn't lie she should be truthful before it's too late as she starts taking money off of them but her response is she needs the extra money to pay off her debts because She's Scared She's gonna lose her house otherwise as she hadn't been paying her rent

• Posted

Hi just not too sure what to do whether to report her and risk having taken away from the kids or to leave it and then get caught out by herself
    • Posted

Hi Toni I'm sorry but someone is telling fibs, you cannot just say I have X illness, you have to place supporting medical evidence Infront of DWP just to get looked at, if your so convinced that she fraudulently claiming PIP then stop accusing her on here and report her, if I was so sure of my statements I wouldn't be on here ranting I would either confront her or report her.

But personally I don't care what my neighbor gets just what I'm entitled to

• Posted

Hi,

Life is not always equal or fair. PIP is not an easy benefit to obtain. That your "friend", has apparently been awarded more than you, simply by duplicating your circumstances, seems dubious as claiming is not that simple. Best not to let it eat away at you, especially as you have plenty on your plate as it is. Get on with your life and leave others to theirs. 

Mike.

• Posted

Hi Mike,

Well said! I completely agree with every single thing you just said. I have no idea how anyone can claim PIP based on someone elses conditions, LOL it's actually quite funny. PIP is extremely hard to claim and they're not just going to "give" an award to someone without evidence to prove those descriptors apply to you. The reason they brought it out in the first place was to stop fraudulent claims and to stop those life time awards.

• Posted

Personally i would keep your nose well out of someone's business like that, what if you are wrong about how it affects them, let me tell you they will NOT give it just on your word. They need evidence, and a lot of it and even then your not guaranteed.

If you decide to report them and you cause problems for them, you risk spinning the karmic wheel to lose your own benefit. You are on benefits yourself, i am sure plenty would say the same about you, even if it is not true. If the person went to your assessments and helped you, why are you having a problem with this? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.