Family History: gallstones, gallbladder removal

Posted , 4 users are following.

Okay let me start by offering my empathy for anyone who has ever had a gallbladder attack or the likes of one. They are NOT anyones idea of fun! I have experienced this reoccuring excruciating pain at random intervals for more than 22 years now. I can definitely relate. The only natural remedies I have personally found that minimizes pain are ice cold milk, and raw carrots. Although the milk no longer works for me. My doctors think that I am exaggerating my true pain levels and how often. They claim to be stumped by these attacks.

Im not a professional but if you remove the gallbladder due to gallstones, isnt that just removing the collection source rather than treating the problem? Most articles I have read regarding gallbladder removal end with that procedure.

NOW (2019) I have read somewhere that scientists believe they have found the actual cause of gallstones. IF the cause is now possibly known, perhaps they can prevent a future generation the humiliation of living with these attacks for their entire adult life!

I was 18 when they removed my gallbladder. I am 39 now. I have never had success completely relieving myself of these inhumane attacks! They have stolen my life.

MY family history includes my great grandmother dying from a ruptured gallbladder, my grandmother (her daughter) had her gallbladder removed and died from ruptured small intestines with malignant scar tissue, my mother had her gallbladder removed but thankfully doesnt have reoccuring attacks but also had gastric bypass.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hi, can i ask your symptoms? i had mine removed and have been suffering worse since!

• Posted

karen

when did you have yours removed.

and what is your suffering now karen, may i ask,if youd like to share.

regards.

• Posted

hi, I have pain across my upper stomach left and right which spreads to my back. somedays a dull ache and at time a scale of 10 which ive ended back in the hospital for. reflux and indesgestion, sickness, constipated, diorrehea.

ive had a ct scan, ultrasound and mrcp. all they found was a collection of blood where my gallbladder was removed. im waiting for colonoscopy now,

i have tried not eating, nothing helps.

• Posted

hello. I don't think they are gallbladder attacks since you don't have one. Gallstones are cause by cholesterol. Too much in your system. My problems are hereditary too. It runs in our native Indian blood. It sucks but that's life. As for your attacks??? Just doesn't make any sense. Hope doctors will find out what is going on. You could still form stones in your bile ducts. Have them look into that. They can give you a CT to see if any are in there. They can make you sick.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.