Family Problems

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, I am writing this on behalf of my girlfriend. Throughout the last few years she has been struggling with a bit of depression but tends to be a happy person. The past week she has been staying at her aunties to look after her dogs while she's at work as her husband is on a work trip. Today, when she returned home her brother age 20 gave her a mouthful and her mum just sat and listned he said " Fat fcking mess you’re the fcking cancer of this family you’re a fcking curse and none of us want you in this house stay in lauries for the fcking rest of your life there hasn’t been one fcking voice raised since you fcking came back ye f*cking gap”. I don't know what to do shes really really low and im scared.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

So sorry not sure what is causing all of this if any thing but please tell her to reach out for support. Is she over 18? If not she might need to speak to social services about being helped out of the situation , like put in foster care if this type of stuff is ongoing at home. But if she seems dangerously depressed suicidal try to get her to go to a Dr or even an emergency room for help . If she won't go then you can call 911 if she is suicidal . They should have people referred to as the mobile crisis unit that can talk to her and find a facility to take her to for treatment . Her heart might just be broken and she might just feel down right now. Maybe she can talk to her aunt and stay there . Im not sure if she's had trouble before and that's why the brother went off on her or what. Still very hard words spoken and even if she has struggled had issues it would be hard to hear the things said to her. Sometimes things are bad in families and there's a past history we don't understand the full story and the reason behind the anger if other family members . A new person can be expected to save or rescue the individual by the one in a troubled home life . This puts alot of pressure on you for instance and can overwhelm . Just know there's nothing you can do to fix their family but you can listen and encourage her and tell her shes important no matter what might have happened in the past or no matter what anyone says to her. Words hurt my heart goes out to her. Trying really hard and living a good life style can give her a good future. She can make new acquaintances in a church that would offer support and love to her as they get to know her needs. The smaller church the easier it is to get to know them and them her , but she needs to talk and reach out as soon as she feels comfortable . This would be an option for free support she could seek out and you could even go with her. She might already have a church family people to support her when things get tough. It might take a few different churches before she finds one She feels she likes alot. Every church is different as far as being comfortable to everybody. It takes time to find the one that's just right for you. Anyway just a suggestion. I have been through a really tough time in my life and if it hadn't been for the support from my church I don't know if I would have came through as well as I did. Good luck take care

• Posted

Thats not necessarily depression it could just be she lives with family who dont care about her, this makes you sad more than depressed, she should leave if shes old enough which she probably is otherwise she wouldn't be staying at her aunts on her own dog sitting.

• Posted

Well tell your brother to fck off back! Have a chat with your mother and see what she thinks. Maybe she is scared of your brother too?

I agree that if you can leave home - do and get away from this horrible brother. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.