FAO-GBS

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi Gbs,

Just wanted to say hope the biopsy goes okay tomorrow. I am really scared about mine as no doubt you are.

I will post as soon as I can to say how mine went and hopefully we will both get our results ASAP.

Good Luck X

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hallo emx and gbs. Good luck to you both tomorrow.

gbs. LP forum = uklp.org.uk.

• Posted

Thanks emx and maycovie,

Be glad when tomorrow's over! Hope your's goes ok too - i so hope we don't have to wait too long for results although i'm pretty sure i know what mine will be. sad

have to be in there by 7.30a.m. but i bet i won't be seen for hours - adding to the stress! :roll:

Take care and post soon

gbs

• Posted

Hallo gbs and emx.

I bet you both are relieved to have the biopsies over with. Now you can start to heal and look forward.

• Posted

Ouch!!!!

Well ladies done and dusted thank goodness. It was not a nice experience seens as the 3rd sample was taken and I nearly jumped through the roof as the local had'nt worked properly!!!

So 3 biopsies sent off and now around a 3week wait I have been told but the consultant said I will recieve an appointment for around 6 weeks time which makes me think she thinks it is LS too.

Well a little bit sore and worse for ware right now but I just wanted to thank you all for your support.

XXX

• Posted

Well done, brave girl :D .. Now you can relax, heal well and wait a little. :? Been thinking of you both all day. Mal xx
  • Posted

Hi All, thought i'd posted this before. glad it's all over eh emx? i was told i had a 6 week wait for results?!?!?!Oh well no doubt we'll hear when the time's right. I was given sedation so was a bit whoozy, thinking back on it seems wierd as i remember it all but it's as though it was someone else. Walking a bit like john wayne now and have to sit in certain positions but other than that not too bad at all, have had worse!

Lashings of aqueous cream. gbs

• Posted

Hope you heal quickly - good luck with your results xxx
  • Posted

ha ha, John Wayne sounds about right gbs. My nurse told me not to use anything down there for at least a week!? They painted like a mustard thing down there after that is slowley coming away in little black bits??? I have been taking pain killers just to make sure as me and pain don't mix ha ha.

I sat last night and there was a bit of itching and I was nearly crying as I was thinking there is no way I can!!!

Fingers crossed now then AND LEGS!!!

X

• Posted

hi emx - trying really hard not to scratch - i'm making these weird movements apparently and my husband says my facial expressions are priceless as i try to stop the itch without touching and hurting!! I wasn't given anything - not even painkillers - they know me by now and know my stomach cannot tolerate much more that paracetemol - coughing is bad enough the thought of throwing up brings tears to my eyes!!

Tried crossing my legs ------ ouch!!!!!!

gbs :shock:

• Posted

Not doing so well today..... Like you gbs the itching is now unbearable! I am taking stronger ibruprofen which is making me a bit fuzzy. I started to bleed quite a bt this morning when I first got up this morning but it has eased now thank goodness.

I too am trying so hard not to hurt myself whilst wriggling around, I just thought I would add that I had 2 taken from right side and 1 from left there are 2 at 5 and 7 o'clock and one right next to my clit :shock: area on right.

I hope this itching calms down whilst healing as cream is urgently needed although that doesnt do much either but I live in hope that the results will come and I can start some new treatments.... We will see.

X

• Posted

hi emx, you poor thing. I was really lucky i only had one taken in the end right on entrance to vagina. They've already diagnosed L.S. with biopsy last year. My biopsy was for lichen planus and she also said that she can tell visually that SHE THINKS i have both. Don't know what to suggest for you other than the fact that when i was healing from stitches before i used to sit in a bowl of cold water. Took away the itch for a while if you can stand the cold - but's it's probably still too soon at the mo. Been still using aqueous but scared to put it on THE place but i'm flaring up at the mo with the ls and obviously can't use the steroid yet so have to use something. Mine bled when i had shower this morning but i think i had the shower head on it on too strong ! But it does soothe it if it's not too strong again putting it on a cool setting, just dry with a hair dryer after on a cool setting again.

take care

gbs

• Posted

Hi Gbs,

I think maybe your right about the shower being too strong as I was alright this morning when I left it on a low setting.

Just losing browny patches from the wounds now so hopefully will be better quickly its just the itching flaring up thats driving me mad!!!!

Thanks for staying in touch it helps to know I'm not alone. X

• Posted

Hallo emx

No you are not alone. I was advised to use ice packs to keep the inflammation down and thereby stop the bleeding. I used lavender three drops in warm bath water morning and evening. Keep posting and asking advice if you are worried. I too had three biopsies at once and to be honest and we must try to be honest without being an alarmist it was quite sore. Patience and time and you will be fine. May

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.