Fare up

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello got a bit of a flare up after my period this week! I think maybe the stress of flying to NEW YORK thursday. Athough im looking forward to it does put a damper on how i feel. Any suggestions to soothe this it feels red raw

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Su02,

I get flareups after a period, too. Not raw skin аny more, but dryness and itch. I moisturize with grapeseed oil, or a facial probiotic serum (there are also topical probiotic sprays with soil bacteria ), sometimes emu oil or Julva, a DHEA cream with herbs and coconut oil. Maybe an antifungal cream will work, too. I also take cranberry juice or cranberry pills, or oregano oil pills, which are antifungal. Hope any of that helps!

• Posted

Thankyou VITA, havent been diagnosed for long so everybodys advise on how they deal with it is great.

• Posted

hi have you tried caster oil and a few drops off lavender oil put in small pump bottle also in spray bottle put in some botax and water spray ever toilet break then smear on the caster oil thus helps me dure ing flare up this also happens to me after every period it sucks

• Posted

Thanks Donna, i know its crrtainly a vicious circle i dread a oeriod! I have been using a bit a sudocream and vasaline. HOPEFULLY with subside in a few days. I know its chaffing after period

• Posted

Hi Su,

I've been using 100% organic vitamin e-oil and its amazing! It comes in a small bottle which I purchased from Holland & Barrett (i'm in the UK). I had been using coconut oil previously but the e-oil is given me much better relief and, for the first time in months, I feel completely normal down there again.

• Posted

Thanks Susan yes in UK i will pop and get some to try. I can usually bob along with it but this is unbearable . may have a salt bath tonight

• Posted

I use a dab of coconut oil or emuaid to keep it moisturized. I ALSO use 100% organic tampons and pantyliners with no plastic!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.