Farts that make the dog look round!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Reading all these posts offers a great source of comfort on a bad \"wobbly belly day\". There are some great people on here offering support to some who must be at their wits ends!

Im just going through my worst ever bout of this bloody problem and feel so crap its untrue at times! Never the less - I know my 8month pregnant looking tum, farts that make even the dog look round, tummy grumbling so loud we have the tv volume up a notch and my tummy feeling like theres a washing machine on the go in there - are ALL JUST THIS BLOODY I.B.S's FAULT!!! yayyyyyyyyyyy

Im on Mebeverine 3 times a day, peppermint tea as often as I can stomach a cup and peppermint capsules. Its easing slightly but just knowing Im not going mad and it will ease off in a few days is a great help.

So thanks to u all who have taken time to post on here - I raise my glass of wine (probably making all this worse but to hell with it - I'M IN CHARGE here) to you all and may your suffering pass quickly!

:lol:

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I expect loads of folk have taken a peep at this site, purely because of its title - hee hee! It did make me laugh!!

I have been suffering from IBS for the last year or so following a diagnosis of ME - it's one of the many delightful symptoms. In fact I was thinking of getting a dog so that I could blame it when ever I blew off - but from what you say that wouldn't work!!:lol:

More seriously, my daughter (25) has quite severe IBS particularly when stressed. She is getting married in May this year and is worrying about how she will manage. She has visions of being laced into her dress and then frantically needing the loo. Has anyone any suggestions how she can manage her condition on what will undoubtedly be a stressful day. She says that she will just have liquids only until after the ceremony and also take a couple of Imodium - but I am not sure this is a good idea.

Anyway, thanks for giving me a laugh!!

Katie

• Posted

[quote:1ae7466e42=\"katie.k.\"]I expect loads of folk have taken a peep at this site, purely because of its title - hee hee! It did make me laugh!!

I have been suffering from IBS for the last year or so following a diagnosis of ME - it's one of the many delightful symptoms. In fact I was thinking of getting a dog so that I could blame it when ever I blew off - but from what you say that wouldn't work!!:lol:

More seriously, my daughter (25) has quite severe IBS particularly when stressed. She is getting married in May this year and is worrying about how she will manage. She has visions of being laced into her dress and then frantically needing the loo. Has anyone any suggestions how she can manage her condition on what will undoubtedly be a stressful day. She says that she will just have liquids only until after the ceremony and also take a couple of Imodium - but I am not sure this is a good idea.

Anyway, thanks for giving me a laugh!!

Katie[/quote:1ae7466e42]

• Posted

:lol: I am so glad someone else laughs about IBS, I always have, after having it for many years! I think if you let it get to you, it gets worse, and a positive attitude can only help. OK, I have the odd one (or 3) glasses of chardonnay, but, hey, I deal with it. Only thing is, I can't blame the resulting farts on the hamster....

I've had one of those duvet days today - you know, every-30-minute loo visits, feeling sick, huge stomach etc, but I need it to be better tomorrow, as I start a new job! Aaaargh!

Good luck to everyone who has this **bleep** thing, you learn to deal with it, don't you??!! :biggrin:

• Posted

Well d'ya know what? The farts make ibs bearable just for the amusement factor! :lol: I win the champion farter everytime!
  • Posted

My family tell everybody about my farts, but what a relief when you do one(hehe)
  • Posted

Hi Bigbelly

I have printed your message out so that everytime I am in a bout of IBS and feeling unhappy I can read it!

I've never seen someone capture the experience so accurately and in such a funny way! It truly puts it into perspective and I've come away from this forum thinking I won't let it beat me!

If I'm going to be doubled over with stomach pain let it be through laughter and not IBS :lol:

T.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.